What Comes Next? After Thaksin Ruling?

sbk

So just curious what people think will happen after the Thaksin ruling? I guess it all depends on how it goes, doesn't it? Predictions? guilty, money not returned, people rioting in the streets? guilty, money not returned and nobody gives a fig? not guilty and different people riot? not guilty and nobody gives a fig?

For me, personally, I am up in the air on this one. It seems to me with the Reds continually postponing the "big day" that perhaps they can't make up the numbers after all but I really don't know. I don't know any reds.

There was a good article in the New York Times. They pretty much said that everyone knows that Thaksin and his buddies can easily win any election in Thailand and that they will simply wait for the next one, rather than depend on violence.

Let's hope that they are as sensible and patient as most of us would desire. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Life as usual SBK...

Our yearly Songkran Tribal gathering in Koh Phangan is organized... and none of my oversea guests will give up. :)

Otherwise, I am living now in Bangkok, but all of my Thai friends and/or neighbors are Southerners ; and the only red colors that they are supporting are related to some football clubs.

when is it?

tomorrow at 1 pm?

hmm probably have lunch then go for a swim, and I think the super 14s on later

Thaky to appeal but will be thrown out, so more to come this year, same same

a brief one month pause while the fifa world cup is on, then back into it.......

when is it?

tomorrow at 1 pm?

a brief one month pause while the fifa world cup is on, then back into it.......

donny, one question here. Isn't a bit heretical for a rugby fan like yourself to be watching the Fifa World Cup? Seems that will get you into bigger trouble than Mr Thaksin faces :)

when is it?

tomorrow at 1 pm?

Would he not have to be in the country to appeal? (I don't know).

when is it?

tomorrow at 1 pm?

donny, one question here. Isn't a bit heretical for a rugby fan like yourself to be watching the Fifa World Cup? Seems that will get you into bigger trouble than Mr Thaksin faces :)

hehe i see, i actually missed out a few words, :D

i should have said;

Thaky to appeal but will be thrown out, so more to come this year, more red shirts come out same same

a brief one month pause while the fifa world cup is on, then back into it......

meaning im not watching the FWC, the red shirts are...

please rugby god forgive me :D:D

There was a good article in the New York Times. They pretty much said that everyone knows that Thaksin and his buddies can easily win any election in Thailand and that they will simply wait for the next one, rather than depend on violence.

Yes,i think all are waiting for the election to be called,and it will then be a very interesting time leading up to the polls,this is certainly giving the current powers that be a lot of thought,the one thing i will say about Abhisit is he is calmly going about his business and gaining a lot of respect from the people who where sat on the fence.

But it would be very close come an election this year i think,or will they try and drag it out longer to grind Thaksins croonies down,and give themselves a chance of being democraticly voted in!

I think tomorrows decision will see Thaksin get some money back...but that might not be broadcast officially,peace deal!

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Not sure, can buy a lot of vote with the 76bbt after it is seized

They pretty much said that everyone knows that Thaksin and his buddies can easily win any election in Thailand

The last election doesn't support that theory.

They neither won nor did they find it easy to cobble together a coalition - and this was all before the Songkran nonsense.

They pretty much said that everyone knows that Thaksin and his buddies can easily win any election in Thailand

They neither won nor did they find it easy to cobble together a coalition - and this was all before the Songkran nonsense.

Steady on now, we are talking politics here. Reason and facts have no place in such a discussion.

I'm sure that you know better than the New York Times. :)

Ummm Newspapers ----

Results 1 - 10 of about 15,800,000 for factual errors in the New York Times. (0.24 seconds)

But please feel free to show us the link UG :D

Nah --- as it stands the numbers and results from the last elections just don't support YOUR theory :) You suggest that the NYT is to be believed but don't have a link to the source :D I suggest that 15 million 800 thousand hits on factual errors in the new york times might suggest that my research is as valid as theirs :D

He just stated a fact U.G. Are you trying to contest the last election results?

Differences have also emerged among the red shirts over the best way to challenge the government, with its apparently solid backing by the military.

One tactic would be to create turmoil that might bring down the government and force an early election — starting, for example, with violent protests against the confiscation of Mr. Thaksin’s assets.

The other would be to wait until the next scheduled election, in 2012, keeping their base active in the meantime with protests, seminars and rallies calling for Mr. Thaksin’s return.

“The best option for the reds to win is by election,” said Mr. Thongchai, the Thai historian. “No matter what, if they just wait, they have the vote. They are not stupid. They can wait.” http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/25/world/as...i.html?ref=asia