Thailand On Edge As Court Rules On Thaksin Billions

webfact

I thing you'll be very busy after the court tells the verdict.

Half of the posters will be upset.....The only question is which half....

Well, half the screen names will be upset, not necessarily half the posters.

hmm I don't understand....but my english is not perfect.

I think he is suggesting that some people are using more than one nic, I think.

bing!!!

Silly me......Understood......less an English than a thinking problem....

Yes+Thanks

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thing you'll be very busy after the court tells the verdict.

Half of the posters will be upset.....The only question is which half....

Well, half the screen names will be upset, not necessarily half the posters.

ha ha ha. always wondered about about that meself.

I only recognized a few times that a very new user has exactly the same style than a recently banned one.

But of course, surely coincidence

The unmentionable one reporting that Thaksin has told PTP he will accept the verdict whatever it is. Interesting

Well, if the court takes his money he'll have to accept it. It is than simply a fact no matter if he want to accept it or not.

Update (The Nation):

Pojaman spraying Shin shares around cheaply to those close to her was mentioned by the court.

The court says to determine if Thaksin, Pojaman kept control of Shin Corp,"behaviours" of people involved in transactions need 2b analysed.

Update (The Nation):

Pojaman spraying Shin shares around cheaply to those close to her was mentioned by the court.

The court says to determine if Thaksin, Pojaman kept control of Shin Corp,"behaviours" of people involved in transactions need 2b analysed.

So they are also investigating others outside of the family, do I have that right?

Timeline Update:

General Katiya makes appearance at Sanam Luang in the Red Siam gathering

Source: TAN Network

To sum it up, the court has questioned various "transfers" of Shin shares that took place after Thaksin became PM

Various "behaviours" of people involved were also questioned, including the flows of dividends back to Pojaman.

Source: The Nation

Update (The Nation):

So they are also investigating others outside of the family, do I have that right?

Arent there 20 odd people named in this case or who had their assets frozen? Could be them

Timeline Update:

General Katiya makes appearance at Sanam Luang in the Red Siam gathering

Source: TAN Network

To sum it up, the court has questioned various "transfers" of Shin shares that took place after Thaksin became PM

Various "behaviours" of people involved were also questioned, including the flows of dividends back to Pojaman.

Source: The Nation

Do I get it right?

These people had shares but gave all the dividends of the shares to Pojaman?

That should be a clear proof that they aren't the real owners.

Timeline update:

Thaksin was the only one empowered to authorize transfers concerning Ample Rich brokerage account in Singapore, the court says

--The Nation

Where do you get the updates. I have on the Nation still the 5 pm update and nothing new

By an unanimous decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the prosecution against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatrat is unclear on the extent of unusual wealth and how it is linked to abuse of office.

The Nation

LaoPo

score one for Thaksin's camp....

For those few expecting/hoping the baht will collapse, think again, this is from Reuters:

"Political uncertainty has subdued Thailand's benchmark index in recent weeks, with many traders waiting to see what the ruling will bring. But foreign investors were net buyers for three straight days this week, drawn to bargains in Thailand where stocks are trading at just 10.6 (typo?)times forecast 2011 earnings, Asia's cheapest after Pakistan, Thomson Reuters data shows."

Expect the baht to get steadily stronger over this year. Good for those who work here and want a trip abroad but some of you English might have to go back to work!

Love this comment from the Nation.

tulsathit

1. To add insult to injury, my colleagues are set for KFC party nearby. (don't get me wrong.They're working hard on other aspects of coverage) 3 minutes ago via web

2. Just a personal rant, this is gruelling. But when it's all over, my short attention span syndrome may be cured.

Timeline update:

Thaksin was the only one empowered to authorize transfers concerning Ample Rich brokerage account in Singapore, the court says

--The Nation

This a strange ruling. How can a Thai court make any ruling regarding a brokerage account in another country? They should have stated the suspected that he was the only one.

Update:

Now, did the excise tax benefit Shin Corp? The court's addressing the issue, after declaring Thaksin,Pojaman were always in control of Shin.

Court rules that real owners of all the shares was Thaksin and Potjaman and not Thaksin's children, his sister, or his brother-in-law.

-- The Nation

tulsathit

1. To add insult to injury, my colleagues are set for KFC party nearby. (don't get me wrong.They're working hard on other aspects of coverage) 3 minutes ago via web

2. Just a personal rant, this is gruelling. But when it's all over, my short attention span syndrome may be cured.

I need KFC too :)

tulsathit

Why should we get you wrong? We've been reading every word you're tweeting. That tells us enough.