Business Opportunity

Finlaco

Business Opportunity

I think about this everytime I enter the MRT. The amazing Thai (predominately esan) security guards who are endowed with the ability by touch or quick glance to determine whether ur carrying a bomb or not. 

These guys could earn a fortune in europe, where their counterparts lack such abilities and need to rely on xray machines, sniffer dogs or complete searches of suspect bags. 

A second business opportunity would be the amazing Thai metal detectors at the MRT stations and Siam shopping centres that seem to be able to determine that the metal in my belt, keys, coins, etc are not part of a bomb. 

I see the potential to make a fortune in europe or it's previously colonies (America, etc...)

Well there have been no bombs on the MRT yet so they must work.

U really think the security guards have 'special' abilities above those of a European security guard?

The ones here definitely do ! They tend to obey all given orders as if assembly code programmed into a robot, saving up all the common sense built into them.

And what about those guards at the airport car park that are able to determine that there's not a bomb in you car just by looking in the boot??

Last Friday night they were able to do that in their sleep.

Maybe they weren't sleeping but they didn't bother to come out of their little box.

These guys could earn a fortune in europe, where their counterparts lack such abilities and need to rely on xray machines, sniffer dogs or complete searches of suspect bags.

What counterparts in Europe?

I haven't traveled much on the continent recently, but do travel regularly by public transport in the UK and have never been subject to any of the security checks you describe; nor seen anyone else be so. Not on the railways, buses, the London underground, DLR, etc.

Same at UK airports; no security checks of any sort until you pass through to airside.

The most we get are recorded announcements about reporting suspect packages and not to leave our belongings unattended!

U really think the security guards have 'special' abilities above those of a European security guard?

U really believe they have special powers?

C'mon Rakers, he is anxious for an answer :)

Hmmm, Im still trying to figure out, by reading Finlaco's posts again, if he was kidding or not.

Anyhow, it must be quite nice to have those special powers.

I noticed it is the same in the Philippines.

They also check for guns in the glove compartment, since nobody that hide a gun in their car will think of other places to hide them.