Locked ~ Blocked ~ Deleted!

Drew Aitch

With regards to the last thread that has just been closed, many of you who subscribe to TV CM alert emails will see a plethora of dead threads the moment you click on their links. Many of which DO NOT conflict with the TV policy rules or TOS.

Heck, this forums allows less freedom of speech and discussion than China for crying out loud!. You watch, this thread will be gone (or moved) in seconds just because anyone dares to write some constructive criticism (which is what improves any business model) about the TV Chiang Mai forum project. Sensitive ain't the word!

Don't worry though, topics on 'food', 'where can I buy this that of the other?' or 'medical' types of exciting discussions (as useful as they can be), will be allowed to run to their end as they probably entice lots of Goggle AdSense Ads and potential sponsors!

SUMMARY: This has become perhaps one of the most boring platforms for virtual interaction online in the twenty-first century. It's just so 1990's (whoops! did i just say that!!!), and it will die as a dinosaur unless the powers that be are brave enough to pin an interactive thread entitled 'What Can We Do To Improve YOUR Forum?'

Can't see anything too controversial in the above, but the stopwatch is ticking to see how long it lasts. All email subscribers take note :)

Aitch

....again in reading your links , Ovenman....... velly strange coincidence(s)

well maybe someday we peons will be told what we will be told,,,,,,, but I guess we know what not to talk about or the witches and gobblins will get our posts and maybe even us...

may the spirit and power of the head swami be with you [that b grover]

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Hmmm since I have no idea of what thread you are talking about ........ but this one may be in violation of the "no discussion of moderation issues in the forum".

I agree that some mods are often as arbitrary as immigration officers.

Move over to Bedlam where there is a little more freedom.

I agree with Drew...apparently we are not permitted to post anything negative concerning the TV website. A few months ago I tried to post a topic regarding the difficulty of 'posting a new topic' It was not even posted; and I received a PM from a moderator which was of no help whatsoever. Oh well...this comment will no doubt be deleted also !

OP was informed that if you see a broken link to contact an admin or moderator immediately so that it can be reported to the webmaster/tech guy. Posting it in a thread may cause it to be missed. Sorry if that doesn't suit your suppositions but as Gonzo has confirmed, its the simple fact of the matter.