I Have Active Diverts That Won't Go Away!

lost_in_space

I have 1 2 Call on my mobile phone (a Nokia), sometimes I get a little notice that I have active diverts. I ignored it for a while then dediced to deactivate them, but I can't. Where it says cancel all diverts, I cancel them. But they're back on as soon as I check them. I went to AIS in Seacon, they sent me to the Nokia service center there, who sent me back to AIS. Arrrgghh!

Any ideas?

Normally it would say that if you have diverted your number to another number. It could also mean that you have your voicemail activated. ( it will "divert" after a number of rings), which of course is totally normal. This is a Nokia "thing" I believe. :o

totster :D

This is a Nokia "thing" I believe.  :o

no, I got it too from 1-2-Call on Siemens phones - SL45 and SX1.

It's something else, I dunno what, though

I used to get it in the UK when I had a Nokia... now I've got a SE I don't get it. :D Certainly didn't get it on my Samsung In Thailand (12call), but wife does get it on her Nokia.

totster :D

Normally it would say that if you have diverted your number to another number.  It could also mean that you have your voicemail activated. ( it will "divert" after a number of rings), which of course is totally normal.  This is a Nokia "thing" I believe.  :o

totster  :D

Yeah, it's the voicemail system.

12Call voicemail sort of works too :D

Thanks for the info - I'd forgotten about voice mail. My mobile is an old Nokia 8250 and it's set up to divert to voice mail on busy, not answered and no network.

Why don't they have a more useful message, like "Call diverts are enabled"? Instead, they say "You have active diverts" as if it's some kind of problem that you have to deal with. :o

12Call voicemail sort of works too  :o

what do you mean - "sort of works" ?

About 50% of people diverted to my voicemail have managed to leave messages :D

I have successfully retrieved about 50% of those :D

Therefore, it 'sort of works' :D

George,

I tried those numbers and got "not done"

I went back to the 1 2 call place at Seacon, the gal there was very nice and tried to help, but it went nowhere. she just put me in touch with the 1175 (service dept.) people, who gave me 2 other ##xx# numbers, which also didn't work. finally I got a Thai bloke at the office to call for me, (he had tried to leave his number on my callback service, and it didn't show... finally someone believed me). after he explained the situation to 12call, they agreed to have an engineer look into it.

Sorry, I'm making a short story long.

But I wonder how many people have left their numbers on my callback service thinking I would get the info, and how many others out there have the same problem and don't know it.

• 3 months later...
Normally it would say that if you have diverted your number to another number.  It could also mean that you have your voicemail activated. ( it will "divert" after a number of rings), which of course is totally normal.  This is a Nokia "thing" I believe.  :o

totster  :D

12Call voicemail sort of works too :D

I have One-2-Call, and have voicemail, and have "active diverts" (busy, no answer, phone off or outside of coverage) but incoming calls only go to voicemail if my phone is turned off. If I am on the phone, or do not answer it, it does not divert to voicemail. I think it should, and the 1175/Telewiz folks say it should, but it doesn't. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have 1 2 Call on my mobile phone (a Nokia), sometimes I get a little notice that I have active diverts. I ignored it for a while then dediced to deactivate them, but I can't. Where it says cancel all diverts, I cancel them. But they're back on as soon as I check them. I went to AIS in Seacon, they sent me to the Nokia service center there, who sent me back to AIS. Arrrgghh!

Any ideas?

Diverts, Any phone :o

1. Voice mail

2. Call waiting

Any system that has 1 or 2 and activated on your # will show "active diverts"

Notes if you have neither but are on a system that is sharing that bandwidth you may get "call diverted" not "active diverts".

To end this just ring up your provider turn off 1 and 2 above, then you should not get that notice.

Some of this should be in your user manual? :D

Diverts, Any phone  :o

1. Voice mail

2. Call waiting

Any system that has 1 or 2 and activated on your # will show "active diverts"

Notes if you have neither but are on a system that is sharing that bandwidth you may get "call diverted" not "active diverts".

To end this just ring up your provider turn off 1 and 2 above, then you should not get that notice.

Some of this should be in your user manual?  :D

I'm guessing, based on your response, that you are not based in Thailand. A "user manual" (for the phone presumably?) is just not applicable when the providers can do what they please. If you have more substantial advice then please feel free to share.

For the record, I want active diverts, and I get a message that they are enabled, but they are, in fact, not.

I was finally able to sort out my "diverts" issue. I want incoming calls to go to voicemail, (a service you have to sign up for, although it is free, as are calls into voicemail, at least until 31 Dec.) if I do not answer, if I am on the phone, if I reject the call, if the phone is turned off, if I am out of reach and if I am not available (I think these last three are the same). Anyway, with a Nokia I go to Settings, Call settings, Call divert and then setup: Divert if busy, Divert if not answered, Divert if out of reach, Divert if not available. Choose Activate, To another number and enter 90099. (I was entering *99, the number you call you get into your voicemail from your mobile without success. Using 90099 works.) You can also check your voicemails (I think) by dialing +6619009999?

Call forwarding information in Thai.

Voice mail informaiton in Thai.

International Voice Mail information in Thai.

Interestingly enough with call diverts activated I do not get the message "incoming call diverts active" when I make a call. When I cancel all diverts I do get that message. Go figure?