Illegally Working Here

mmm....maybe the haidresser in question got a dual citizenship, so the regulation about works forbidden to foreigner it doesn't apply to her anymore? but honestly, a hairdresser is not as dangerous as a farang full of real weapons firing real bullets on the streets of Pattaya......

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see it as a problem for them to be trying to do earn a little extra, better than robbing or being that pretend friend that inevitabley starts to ask for money or loans, plenty of those tossers living in thailand boot them out. If you are obsessed with laws and regulations then you are living in the wrong country try singapore.

Good evening members,

As a newbie here,i am very puzzled at some of the nasty posts from a straight forward reasonable poster.I hope we all try to uphold the law as a visitor to LOS,and hope the bad ones here are a minority.

I remember a good while ago,sitting with a friend,reading an article on here and was amazed at the lack of importance given when it was admitted on here that some teachers had faked their paperwork and were working here illegally.Would anybody grass one of them lowlifes in????

Good evening members,

As a newbie here,i am very puzzled at some of the nasty posts from a straight forward reasonable poster.I hope we all try to uphold the law as a visitor to LOS,and hope the bad ones here are a minority.

I remember a good while ago,sitting with a friend,reading an article on here and was amazed at the lack of importance given when it was admitted on here that some teachers had faked their paperwork and were working here illegally.Would anybody grass one of them lowlifes in????

Well there's a simple answer for that one, but first you must provide your full name and telephone number, current address, passport number, occupation, name and address of your current employer, and next of kin, and I'm sure that investigations will show that you have nothing to hide after I call your mother to check up on your honesty. :)

I ment if you start dobbing people in when/if they find out the person who done the dobbing (this sounds like kindergarten talk) you may well be on the end of some Thai justice.

If one was to start dogging people one may end up prematurely dead, life is cheap out here.

And that is ok in your opinion?

Or do you mean it would be cheaper/easier/better to have your illegal competitor killed?

Good evening members,

Well there's a simple answer for that one, but first you must provide your full name and telephone number, current address, passport number, occupation, name and address of your current employer, and next of kin, and I'm sure that investigations will show that you have nothing to hide after I call your mother to check up on your honesty. :)

The thai authorities have all those details,send a pm if you want my details too,even though i am confused at your response.

Good evening members,

The thai authorities have all those details,send a pm if you want my details too,even though i am confused at your response.

blank him somtam, he is a clown trying to wind you up, hes just not very good at itl

Good evening members,

That's because neither you nor I nor the OP is employed by the 'Thai authorities', so let's not mess with another man's rice-bowl.

Good evening members,

blank him somtam, he is a clown trying to wind you up, hes just not very good at itl

A Clown, You call Sean a Clown, I like to think of TV like a village and every village has village idiot,

you just met him, unfortunately hes not alone

Sean behave, it's getting dark now mate,

nearly time for bed

:D

i pay taxes and work and i aint' bothered about other peoples business unless it hinders mine. like time share people and beggers. for the rest if u can't be good be carefull. i don't care but i u get caught u will get the boot and black listed. each to their own but i ain't a grass

"dunno but as she has been here 15 years & collects her tax receipts, pays her tax on her registered company & has a work permit she is probably lying "

Owning a company and working in that company are two different issues. She must have a work permit with the exact description what kind of work she is doing where. If someone is working without that is or is not his/her problem and that of the company she is working for. The authorities check on regular basis here. I would never ever denounce someone. It's so low, reminds of totalitarian regimes like in East Germany before.

Edited by Birdman

"dunno but as she has been here 15 years & collects her tax receipts, pays her tax on her registered company & has a work permit she is probably lying "

She must have a work permit with the exact description what kind of work she is doing where. If someone is working without that is or is not his/her problem. The authorities check on regular basis here. I would never ever denounce someone. It's so low, reminds of totalitarian regimes like in East Germany before.

yep. if people want to do this in my opium they are stupid why risk getting black listed just to earn some beer money or extend their holiday. if they get away wit it then good luck to them but they are playing a lottery.

put it this if i could get away with it i would. i prefer to pay more for peace of minde. thats up 2 me. i don't like grasses though. the mod for this post should find omething better to with his time. like get on with his own business unless he is a copper then well. what can i say

A Clown, You call Sean a Clown, I like to think of TV like a village and every village has village idiot,

you just met him, unfortunately hes not alone

Sean behave, it's getting dark now mate,

nearly time for bed

:)

Isn't it rich?

Are we a pair?

Me here at last on the ground,

You in mid-air.

Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

One who keeps tearing around,

One who can't move.

Where are the clowns?

Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,

Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,

Making my entrance again with my usual flair,

Sure of my lines,

No one is there.

Don't you love farce?

My fault, I fear.

I thought that you'd want what I want--

Sorry, my dear.

But where are the clowns?

Quick, send in the clowns.

Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?

Isn't it queer?

Losing my timing this late

In my career?

And where are the clowns?

There ought to be clowns.

Well, maybe next year.

yep. if people want to do this in my opium they are stupid ... - remainder snipped

:D:D

No, no, BigC, you got that wrong, nobody wants to soil your dope. :)

sorry think everone has lost the plot litturly on this topic

yep. if people want to do this in my opium they are stupid ... - remainder snipped

:D:D

No, no, BigC, you got that wrong, nobody wants to soil your dope. :)

sorry think everone has lost the plot litturly on this topic

The OP was trolling anyway, so no big harm done.

Free enterprise is the key. If a Farang actually gets folks to have their hair cut and charges farang prices then good luck to him. I go to a thai guy, my wife translates and he does a good job. All for 60 Baht with a shave, hair wash, head massage, clean up the ear, eyebrows & nose hairs. Would i pay a farang to do a basic cut and charge me £10 - no way. Might go for a Farang to design a house but then again designs are 2 a penny. When in thailand i am happy with the thais to do the daily work like service the car, cut the lawn etc. Just my view guys. Regards john

I have a farang home hairdresser, she has a registered company, work permit & pay taxes. She is totally legal.

Boo,

Could this be a case of her telling you that she has the required permits etc and doent. It seems strange to me as Hairdressing is definately on the list of chapter 19 (or whatever its called) banned work for foriegners.

see number 10 below. Maybe she bought the work permit?

http://www.bia.co.th/023.html

ok please do tell..where and how much??? :D

khao san road and 200 baht? :)

I've often wondered what motivates people go out of their way to dob someone else in and create grief in someone elses life..

Like what do you get out of it? or are you such an insecure person that causing trouble for others makes you feel smug?

Have you always followed everything to the letter of the law? never drink drive? never indulged in a little petty theft? ever?

Never had a bargirl? No illegal drugs? ever? What about the odd white lie to get yourself out of a spot?

I see some Australian State governments now encourage people to dob in their neighbours who might have certain plants in their back yards..dividing the community and paying rewards to these pathetic little looser weasles who cant mind their own businesss...

An otherwise normal joe citizen gets a $1000 fine and a life long criminal record that possibly hampers his future career options :D

SO..you would like the pleasure of getting someone deported?? :D

Whats wrong with having a bar girl? :D

err..nothing as far as im concerned, but apparently it is kinda against the law to pay for it, technically :)

and in any case,certain figures have said for years that none of that goes on in Thailand :D

as i said , i aint no grass,!! b ut as you say , just turn a blind eye , allowing thousand of illegal pikeys to bum around , thus hampering potentially YOUR carrer options, get a company , get b visa ,get awork permit

try working in thailand for awhile , then get back to me, ps .the thread has nothing to do with certain plants in back yards.

If "pikeys" are hampering your career options, then it's probably time to find a better career.

Free enterprise is the key. If a Farang actually gets folks to have their hair cut and charges farang prices then good luck to him. I go to a thai guy, my wife translates and he does a good job. All for 60 Baht with a shave, hair wash, head massage, clean up the ear, eyebrows & nose hairs. Would i pay a farang to do a basic cut and charge me £10 - no way. Might go for a Farang to design a house but then again designs are 2 a penny. When in thailand i am happy with the thais to do the daily work like service the car, cut the lawn etc. Just my view guys. Regards john

There are even guys here with wives, who make all that FOC, they think.

It's very popular for Taiwanese to go on vacation to the USA to have their kids, so they will be granted a US passport and giving them better opportunities in the future.

Yeah, like escape once the mainland Chinese finally invade.

she has a registered company, work permit & pay taxes. She is totally legal.

sorry, but that does NOT = "totally legal"...but maybe for Thaivisa standards :D

Who cares? Any idea how hard it is to get a decent haircut here?!

I just pay 100 baht. :D

She said "decent". :)

I have a farang home hairdresser, she has a registered company, work permit & pay taxes. She is totally legal.

Boo,

Could this be a case of her telling you that she has the required permits etc and doent. It seems strange to me as Hairdressing is definately on the list of chapter 19 (or whatever its called) banned work for foriegners.

see number 10 below. Maybe she bought the work permit?

http://www.bia.co.th/023.html

33. Cigarette making by hand

OMG I'm in deep... been rolling to much cigarettes. Hope no one turns rat on me! Ah buger it, time for a fat one.