Good Priced Tour To Vientianne By Bus

Any recommendations?

The only ones I know of or heard of are the Visa run type of tours; I don't need nor want those.

At the same time, I don't want the "tour for tourists" at high-end hotels and tourist-trap restaurants.

Still, I don't wana do it myself because it'll be my first time in Laos and I can't afford any "mistakes" at the border getting ripped off by some Tuk-tuk driver who wants to take me to his friend's hotel instead of where I really planned to go.

:)

Edited by junkofdavid2

Hi,

I used the one in Tesco Lotus On Nut. They offer THB 2500 all inclusive if you prefer a single room.I can give you his number, coz not sure if i can post here. My friend also told me in Sukhumvit 77 soi 12 near Jusco there's one.

BM

forget the tours, just take the overnight vip bus from morchit to Nonkai at about 700 baht. take the mini to the bridge for 100 baht and across for 20 baht. go to town on a mototaxi for 100 baht or public bus for 20 baht. direct the driver to the river front and stay in a guest house for 350 baht or less. taxi to the embassy for 60 baht. that's the whole thing. done it 3 times, no sweat.

Hi,

I used the one in Tesco Lotus On Nut. They offer THB 2500 all inclusive if you prefer a single room.I can give you his number, coz not sure if i can post here. My friend also told me in Sukhumvit 77 soi 12 near Jusco there's one.

BM

Yes, please PM me his number. Does he speak English?

forget the tours, just take the overnight vip bus from morchit to Nonkai at about 700 baht. take the mini to the bridge for 100 baht and across for 20 baht. go to town on a mototaxi for 100 baht or public bus for 20 baht. direct the driver to the river front and stay in a guest house for 350 baht or less. taxi to the embassy for 60 baht. that's the whole thing. done it 3 times, no sweat.

I'll second that. It's really easy and not as difficult as most think. It's also really easy to combine taxi fares with other travelers back and forth from the river to Vientiane. My last trip cost me 5 baht to get back the river after I got enough people together leaving the embassy. There are always lots of other travelers making the same run to tag along with, share costs, and compare costs and notes. I've done the whole thing round trip on my own from Chiang Mai for less than 2000 baht minus border and embassy fees.

Happy travels!!