Sterling / Bhat

splorff

I'm in the UK at present, and am thinking of travelling to LOS. On the internet I can see that the exchange rate is £1 = Bhat 49. The rate is likely to be better in Thailand. Can anyone tell me what is being offered in LOS at present ?

53-54 Baht

Not for banknotes, it seems, nor for a bank transfer (T/T). Since the OP didn't mention anything, I consider it save to assume that he plans to exchange cash.

Where did you get your rate from?

--

Maestro

53-54 Baht

Not for banknotes, it seems, nor for a bank transfer (T/T). Since the OP didn't mention anything, I consider it save to assume that he plans to exchange cash.

Where did you get your rate from?

--

Maestro

TQ's at Siam Commercial. Always at least 0.5 baht better than cash.

Sorry I just checked the best rate is a shade under 52 baht. Wow its bad news for anyone with £ or $ at the moment.

I still don't believe that rate - it may be the SELLING rate but it certainly is not the buying rate. Sub 50 everywhere. Pre-order from Travelex at the airport and you will get under 46.5, 46.7 at the Post Office and I suspect less than 44 if you call 'on spec' at an airport exchange counter.

If I am wrong perhaps we can see a link.

Edited by Chaimai

Sorry I just checked the best rate is a shade under 52 baht. Wow its bad news for anyone with £ or $ at the moment.

I still don't believe that rate - it may be the SELLING rate but it certainly is not the buying rate. Sub 50 everywhere. Pre-order from Travelex at the airport and you will get under 46.5, 46.7 at the Post Office and I suspect less than 44 if you call 'on spec' at an airport exchange counter.

no not wrong, youll be lucky to get anywhere that will give over fiftybaht to the pound at the moment. just check at the top of the page i think its something like 49.62. maybe at somewhere like super rich you may get a slightly better rate if changing a large substantial amount of cash.

Sorry again chaimai my beer goggles must be on the best rate is 49.7. Maybe I just can't believe it!