Best Place To Catch Legit Muay Thai?

Fitzy

I see there are a few places in town, but someone told me those are all show fights, not genuine. Mentioned that I'd have to go just outside the city to catch a good fight, though this person wasn't quite sure exactly where.

Anyone know where to catch a great fight?

There is a stadium near the train station.

I have never been as muay thai is not my thing, so I don't know the name or the exact location. But I do have an acquaintance who is really into May thai and he says it's the place to go.

I know it's not much, but good luck.

Kawilla Boxing Stadium is most likely the place he's referring to. It's by the train station. They definitely have legitimate Muay Thai fights. Unfortunately, a friend told me they had a fire there earlier this week. From what I gathered, the damage was quite extensive. I imagine it will not be open for fights over the next week or so (maybe longer). That's just a guess so ask around to be sure. Good luck.

dam_n. Hopefully it's back up again before the month is out, both for their sake and so I can catch a match. Thanks folks.

The places inside the city centre (i.e. on Loi Kroh road and moonmouang) also show real fights, but some of the days

it is just show fights, while others it is real fights. As far as I remember, it's free on the days it is "show fights".

I've only seen a "show fight" night once, but it was real muay thai people having a bit of a fun/jok fighting,

and then a bucket was passed around where you could stuff some money.

The best experience can no doubt be had out on the countryside, which will in addition be free,

but it is difficult to know when and where.