The Cheapest Flight From Bangkok To London?

frankylove

hi my friend wants to visit england in the next couple of months and is having trouble finding a flight under 30,000 B but same airline and same dates from england like half the price??? can't understand why??

but if anyone knows of a website or a airline who would be the best for this please get back to me

cheers

A mate of mine swears by Qatar for cost and scheduling. You may well find cheaper via such wonderful hubs as Colombo, Amman, Muscat and Adis Ababa but you may wish you hadn't.

Your mate needs to be aware of local holidays falling during this 'couple of months' as that usually causes fare spikes, ie. Easter holidays, etc..

Edited by NanLaew

Here's some examples from my favourite online ticket shop. Note there's less choices mid- April which coincides with Easter, Songkran and probably school holidays. Your mate better book for May as there's more falling inside his 30k baht or US$925 limits.

Samples: Mar 12-24

Jet Airways Etihad Airways Qatar Airways Malaysian Emirates Airline KINGFISHER AIRLINES

$912 total $1252* $970 total $1319* $1009 total $1324* $905 total $1338* $1297 total $1426* $1192 total $1537*

Aeroflot British Airways Air India Uzbekistan Airways Turkish Airlines Scandinavian

$1307 total $1672* $1568 total $1802* $1374 total $1850* $1664 total $1902* $1502 total $1918* $1711 total $1960*

Samples: Apr 12-24

Jet Airways Malaysian Biman Bangladesh Airlines Aeroflot Emirates Airline

$798 total $1141* $1031 total $1267* $1017 total $1284* $1141 total $1377* $1297 total $1429*

Samples: May 12-24

Jet Airways Qatar Airways Turkish Airlines Etihad Airways Finnair Lufthansa

$688 total $1031* $905 total $1222* $804 total $1223* $922 total $1273* $786 total $1292* $771 total $1307

Swiss Scandinavian Malaysian British Airways KINGFISHER AIRLINES Emirates Airline

$801 total $1321* $794 total $1326* $948 total $1337* $1141 total $1377* $1077 total $1425* $1297 total $1429*

bhoydy: "Not from BKK, but it's not to difficult to get down to KL from BKK. I'm flying from KL - London return for 17000 baht, booked a few months ago right enough but that's pretty dam_n cheap i think. "

Would you care to share your source ?

A mate of mine swears by Qatar for cost and scheduling. You may well find cheaper via such wonderful hubs as Colombo, Amman, Muscat and Adis Ababa but you may wish you hadn't.

Your mate needs to be aware of local holidays falling during this 'couple of months' as that usually causes fare spikes, ie. Easter holidays, etc..

And what is wrong with Muscat? No better or worse than Abu Dhabi. Oman Air have the some of the very latest aircraft with in flight entertainment and were only £480 return including taxes in January. If you are only at an airport for an hour or two, surely that is irrelevant?

Try asda (supermarket) travel. Seems Air India is a good choice and great service.
Where would he find an ASDA in Thailand, They won't be able to book it FROM Thailand to UK !!!! & Air India,Your having a Laugh Are'nt you ??????

Just this week booked a One Way BKK-LHR For 12,000 Baht on Sri Lankan Airlines,Good departure times 19.55 ex BKK,to Colombo (4 Hrs in Transit )Then Non-Stop to LHR Arriving 08.45 next day.....Not Too Bad.....BTW Fare is for End of THIS Month ( March ) Booked at www.gothasadej.com In Nong Khai ( German Travel Agent ) with 27 Years in the biz......Name is Carsten......Phone No..0815920164.......

Try asda (supermarket) travel. Seems Air India is a good choice and great service.
Where would he find an ASDA in Thailand, They won't be able to book it FROM Thailand to UK !!!! & Air India,Your having a Laugh Are'nt you ??????

ASDA is an online travel service you plonker

Confirmed, the wonderful world of the www ! :) Just google on asda & travel. They do quote fares for BKK-UK-BKK, include (operating under European laws) all taxes/charges in the fares quoted, don't know whether they are humerous or not ! :D

Is owned by ASDA supermarkets.http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/

Try "bangkoktickets.com" They are an on-line ticket agent based in Bangkok and fairly hard to beat, though I'm willing to be corrected. I used them last Summer with no problems. They provide a huge selection of options but the cheapest fares offered are not always available, in which case you get a message only after you've clicked on it which is bit annoying.

Strangely enough, early booking does not usually give you the best fares. Many 'deals' only come out about 2 months before you want to travel when the airlines get a bettier idea of their eventual load factors.

EVA website quoting from 33,000 plus Taxes etc.

I've always found Qatar to be one of the best, and their website allows you to pick your dates to suit the lowest fares, rather than searching each and every date for the best fare. - currently showing about 17,000 plus tax