Aussie Passport For Baby

Hi all

I posted thisin the the family/ children forum but got no replies

Our first baby is due next month around 17th April. We are married and registered etc. I need to return to Australia mid June for approx. 2 months. Wife has Thai passport, but still in her Thai name which we are currently changing to my surname name.

That gives us 2 months to arrange Thai passport and Australian passport for baby.

Has any aussie been through this?

and advice re time frames would be appreciated.

luap

The Thai passport will be no problem. Doesn't take long, but you both have to go or at least 1 of the parents with the other parent already having signed the papers. You will spend perhaps 30 minutes at the passport office and can have it send to your home for 30 or 35 baht. The passport itself cost 1,000 baht.

Don't know about the Aussie passport. Have a look at their website, but you should first register the baby with the embassy after having registered the baby at the local Amphur. You might be able to apply for a passport at the same time.

Exit procedure is leave on Thai passport, enter Australia on Australian passport and leave on Australian passport, re-enter Thailand on Thai passport.