Standard, Thai Home Tenancy Agreement

Apparently, this is a copy of a standard, Thai home tenancy agreement, available at most good bookstores and newsstands. For something so common, I would have thought an English translation would be freely available. I'm having trouble finding one, though. Maybe a poster could provide a link to a translated copy?

My landlord is of the belief that she's allowed to enter our abode without any prior notice. She's set off three clauses in the contract with asterisks.

TenancyAgreement1.jpg

It'd be great if I got, at least, these three clauses, translated.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

My TGF just breezed over your contract, and didn't spot anything that indicated that your landlord has the right to enter the premises at any time, with no prior notice.. It only says something about "at the end of the year's contract, the owner can ask if you want to rent it again (and then make an appointment to "check" the room)". As I explained your original question to her, she wrinkled her nose, and quickly said "that so crazy if landlord think she can go in him room anytime. If you pay someone for rent their room, that mean they are not be owner now already, you are really owner cause you do pay money them to borrow from them be owner right now, and they (the landlord) have to do polite with you; ask you first for when you have time to show you room. If they just try come and before not yet call, they look like they are want steal ur things". She say "Good Thai people never do something like just come to go inside your room... even with other Thai people, it would be crazy and rude".

{I'll add} Unless the other Thai person is a member of the family; then no prior notice is needed, and a visit can and should be expected at any...and I mean ANY time of the day or night, with no regard for how it may effect the plans or activities (sleeping or otherwise) that were in place before they barged in.. but that's for another post, yes? :)

She suggests that your landlord may have delusions of grandure, but that for sure, these are the actions of an unfair, bad-mannered person.

But, on a serious note man.. how the heck could you sign your name to a binding contract, that you don't fully understand? I'd walk on my lips through 5 miles of busted glass before I'd put my "John Hancock" on a document that I didn't fully understand.

And LennyW, that PDF was greally great, so much so that my TGF is gonna use (parts of) it for her new tenents.. :D

• 1 year later...