Best Tefl Centre In Sydney Australia

dvc

Can anyone recommend a TEFL certifying institute in Sydney, Australia? I’m planning on moving to Bangkok later this year and would like to know the best place to obtain a TEFL certificate in Sydney. Is there any preference, (amongst Thai employers), between CELTA and TEFL certification, with regard to obtaining employment in Thailand?

"Is there any preference, (amongst Thai employers), between CELTA and TEFL certification, with regard to obtaining employment in Thailand?"

Thai schools still hire people without legitimate college degrees and without CELTA/TEFL. The "certification" isn't required. It's up to the school. If you have a college degree and are a native speaker I'd suggest just skipping the certification routine since it isn't required for anything really. Nothing can teach you to deal with Thai students other than experience and natural ability. It's difficult to do a good job and very easy to be half arse here. Qualifications only help in the real education department i.e. legitimate Universities and Colleges in western countries. At least then you know what you are talking about English wise and when you have the desire to do a good job it helps. Good Luck.

Try Greenwich College in Sydney for TESOL and TESCOL. Great reputation.

Thanks for the reply. I found their website, but strangely, no pricing information on the courses offered, nor is there any mention of external accreditation.