Ninja 650r

husskydog

Hi, i have read the sync guide over on the slingshot site http://shanetp.110mb.com/Throttle%20Sync.pdf

Whats your thoughts on this, is it worth checking my throttles or not? As we know they are put together in Thailand!

Do the bikes need sync`ing at an early stage?

I have a vacuum gauge that i use on my inline 4, so thinking why not check them on the twin, might reduce some vibes?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

did you do it yourself? I am going to ask Kawasaki Phuket if they have the gauge...

Supposed to be done every 12,000 kms...

Did it today, and the right hand throttle was below the left hand throttle vac by a good bit, waited untill the bike was fully warmed up and it equalised a little bit but not enough ....therefore i turned the righthand sync screw and got it spot on, the hardest part is finding the screws at the rear of the bodies...a short test run was all i got so i dont really know the end result untill i give it a good run, but it seems smoother....get them to check yours if the know how..i spoke to my service centre yesterday in Korat and they didn`t have a clue...but on the bright side i saw a black 650r heading out for khon kean on delivery....good luck to who bought it if you are watching....looked sweet :):D :D

Why don't you try posting in the Ninja 650R thread? May be more subscribers to that thread than to motorbike general forum. Plus it would be nice to keep everything in the same place.

I thought about doing that, but maybe it would be lost as so many youtube video`s in there... :):D :D :D

Maybe the mods can move it for me....

Edited by husskydog