Bose Speakers Or Top Brand Here In Thailand

cjustice

Does anyone know if i can purchase some Bose speakers for a surround sound system?

if not what is the top quality system here i can get, Bkk or Korat, I had a set of Bose and there in the US in a storage, the small cube speakers, i am sure there are some better but i loved my Bose,,

cjustice

On the top floor of Pantip, instead of going into PC world, there is a corridor going to the left at the top of the escalator. Go through the doors at the end then wander along the main corridor (sorry, I cant remember the exact location). There is a guy there selling all sorts of top quality speakers, actually, the place is quit amazing.........but not cheap!

Good luck.

I like my Wharfedale speakers (diamond series). I bought at Central Chitlom and I think I have seen them in da Mall, Korat.

But, why would you prefer small cube speakers? Bigger the better is my opinion - at least for the front and center.

On the top floor of Pantip, instead of going into PC world, there is a corridor going to the left at the top of the escalator. Go through the doors at the end then wander along the main corridor (sorry, I cant remember the exact location). There is a guy there selling all sorts of top quality speakers, actually, the place is quit amazing.........but not cheap!

Good luck.

This is good information. The guy who runs this shop calls it "Mr Balance". I have bought several items there (Arcam,Elac speakers etc) He's not cheap but he carries a lot of high end audio kit that most audiophiles would recognise.

Take a look, he's an odd character but knows his stuff. The shop is crammed floor to ceiling. Worth a visit just out of curiosity.

Whats the name of the shopping centre just round the crn from Nana on Silom - same side as the hotel as you head towards the motorway flyover, but before you get to it??? - the ground floor has a MacDonalds at the entrance on the left hand side, and a supermarket at the lower level - the top 2 floors are all hi-end audio brand name dealers (or is it the 2 floors below the food floor - can't remember).

I like my Wharfedale speakers (diamond series). I bought at Central Chitlom and I think I have seen them in da Mall, Korat.

But, why would you prefer small cube speakers? Bigger the better is my opinion - at least for the front and center.

if you have every heard a cube (5) Bose you would understand, you cannot even see them in the room but it is like being in a theater, they crank up trust me, i have since seen there is some places that sell bose, thanks, i make take a look at the Wharfedale you mention,, cheers

Whats the name of the shopping centre just round the crn from Nana on Silom - same side as the hotel as you head towards the motorway flyover, but before you get to it??? - the ground floor has a MacDonalds at the entrance on the left hand side, and a supermarket at the lower level - the top 2 floors are all hi-end audio brand name dealers (or is it the 2 floors below the food floor - can't remember).

Name of the shopping centre is the Ploenchit Centre if I recall correctly.

Please dont mention Bose in the same sentance as top brand.

Try this link,

http://www.piyanas.com/en/show_sukhumvit.shtml

Depends on how you define "top brand" but I use Aerial Acoustics and it is one of the few high end brands that manufactures speakers for both pure audio and home theater application (and a bit more expensive than BOSE). The distributor is Deco 2000 and its showroom is in Amarin Plaza with direct access to BTS Chidlom station.

http://www.aerialacoustics.com/products/index.aspx

I believe there is a Bose shop at Siam Paragon Mall.

Yes, BOSE showroom on the 3rd floor of Siam Paragon in the row of high end audio/visual shop showrooms on the south side.

Name of the shopping centre is the Ploenchit Centre if I recall correctly.

Please dont mention Bose in the same sentance as top brand.

Try this link,

http://www.piyanas.com/en/show_sukhumvit.shtml

Correct. Across the street from the Marriott.

The hi-fi guys moved out of there years ago. The owner got greedy & tried to jack up the rents. About 30 tenants moved out.

They got scattered to the winds. There is a Classe dealer in Gaysorn Plaza, some moved to the old BigC in Pratunam.

Khun Pawdee at Mister Balance has a lot of nice gear. There are used hi-fi shops at Fortune Town - floor 3 on the hotel side.

Also Piyanas sell lots of great brands such as ProAc & Bryston.

Additionally you can find new gear at Amarin Plaza & Paragon.

Edited by powderpuff

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot recommend Piyanas highly enough.

I bought my gear (and they also stock Bose) at the Sriracha shop, but they also have outlets elsewhere including Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat).

One of the best things is that you can surf their website here and check specs and pricing without even having to go to their store.