What Cable Or Satellite Tv Options Are There In Ubon?

mnbcm

Downtown Ubon has a half decent cable TV set up which has two companies that seem to use it. I use a company that is called RTV. It suits be just fine as I watch limited TV so might not be for everyone. The main channels that suits me is the Australia Network which gives me the ABC news, Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Union, a few dramas etc. The other English speaking channels are BBC, Aljazzera, Bloomberg and Film max. Some people seem to get HBO but I haven't noticed it. It also has the South African Sports channlers Super Sport 1, 2 and 3. This is great for me as they usually show most of the Australian Cricket Matches.

500 baht to get hooked up then 300 baht per month after that (Thats if they remember to come around and collect the money!)

500 baht to get hooked up then 300 baht per month after that (Thats if they remember to come around and collect the money!)

That sounds like a good deal to me memock. I would not mind that kind of deal.

There is also UBC satelite as I've seen a few red dishes around our neighbours houses but from memory this is much more expensive than cable. I looked into this but it was up to 2,000 baht monthly on the top Platinum package. For short holidays I would find that expensive but some people may justify the cost if living full time in LOS and bored of the local Thai soaps.

Sophon cable also costs about 350 a month,but very few channels in English.

A neighbour has it,gets BBC News.Used to get one footy match on a Saturday night,

but that channel has been removed and replaced with HBO.

You can buy the dish and receiver from UBC/True for about 8000 baht,which

gives 3 months viewing on Gold package.Then when this runs out,it reverts to

some free channels,all Thai terrestial channels,some movie channels.

Then you can pay as you go to watch. I got 3 months Gold for about 1600 a month.

When this finishes it goes back to the free service.

OK for staying here for a short time,minimum period of pay as you go is one month.

OK for Jay if he doesn't mind paying out the initial outlay to purchase the dish.

• 2 weeks later...

In the U.S. I watch college football (American), college basketball, NFL, NBA, and some baseball but I know ESPN Asia doesn't show much of those sports but I think they have some of the professional games. I've been checking ASN's schedule online and am surprised how many U.S. sports they have.

I watched rugby for the first time ever just a few months ago and enjoyed my first AFL viewing a couple weeks ago. Do they show rugby or Australian football on any UBC channels? I think I could really enjoy watching those games.

I'm really trying to learn to watch soccer, but I'm finding it difficult to enjoy tie games and low scores. They need to add an extra ball or make the goals wider. :)

I agree 100% with you regarding the soccer!! As far as I am aware UBC hardly show any rugby and definitely no Aussie rules. If you are Aussie/NZ, English or South African you are well catered by the local cable here in Ubon. For the Americans it is a different story as NFL, NBA etc is very hard to come by.

• 5 weeks later...
Downtown Ubon has a half decent cable TV set up which has two companies that seem to use it. I use a company that is called RTV. It suits be just fine as I watch limited TV so might not be for everyone. The main channels that suits me is the Australia Network which gives me the ABC news, Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Union, a few dramas etc. The other English speaking channels are BBC, Aljazzera, Bloomberg and Film max. Some people seem to get HBO but I haven't noticed it. It also has the South African Sports channlers Super Sport 1, 2 and 3. This is great for me as they usually show most of the Australian Cricket Matches.

Where is the RTV office? Or do you have their phone number?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks,

Mike

You should know it well PM! Right next door to Swing Party House! :)

Thanks,

Mike

You should know it well PM! Right next door to Swing Party House! :)

I don't suppose they-re open at midnight - I'll just have to pop down during the day :D

Thanks MeMock

Anyone know if RTV/cable are showing the football/soccer world cup? I gather that True haven't bought it.

I don't think UBC/True bought it for the last two world cups as it will be available regular Thai Channels live

Anyone know if RTV/cable are showing the football/soccer world cup? I gather that True haven't bought it.

I don't think UBC/True bought it for the last two world cups as it will be available regular Thai Channels live

UBC/True has bought the rights for WC2010. They came out with 2 new HD channels. One channels is HBO the other is True Sports this is where the WC2010 will be shown with English commentary. All Supper sports channels will stop being broad cast in Thailand around May 1st. All Thai channels will be broadcasting in Thai.

• 4 months later...

The other one is called ..... errrrr Samaphon or something like that anyway. Office is located one block north and one block east of sapphasit hospital. Very easy to find.

Don't you mean Sophon Cable?

SOPHON CABLE T.V.UBON CO.,LTD

MR.PIPAT

Tel 045-265-777 Fax 045-265-363, 01-389-7449

23/2-3 Soi 3 Burapanai Rd.T.Nai-Muang A.muang

Ubonratchathani