Safety Box In Pattaya

thaibeachlovers

Can someone recommend a safety box place to me please? I'll be staying in my GF's cheap room, thanks to the cr-p pound exchange rate ( thanks Gordon, not ), so will be needing somewhere to keep valuables, passport etc.

Would prefer somewhere that I can access 7 days a week.

Thanks.

The one I've used for the last 5 or 6 years is on the ground floor of Jomtien Complex Condo, but that's probably not much use to you if your GF's cheap room is in North Pattaya. If you told us where in town you will be located, maybe you would get some more useful replies?

P.S. commiserations on the crap pound, you're not alone in feeling Gordon Clown's nasty pinch.

Post office on soi 13 has boxes for rent...don't know if any are available right now or what the minimum time period for rental is. Access is at least 6 days a week. Some of the private mail service counters have boxes for rent as well. I think the MBE at Central Festival north Pattaya has them.

PS: I think it's the people's propensity to borrow and spend money they haven't earned yet is what caused your currency to crash...I don't think one man had much to do with this mentality...especially as the Scots have historically been known as the thrifty ones in your United Kingdom.

Edited by FarangBuddha

PS: I think it's the people's propensity to borrow and spend money they haven't earned yet is what caused your currency to crash...I don't think one man had much to do with this mentality...especially as the Scots have historically been known as the thrifty ones in your United Kingdom.

Probably true but they wouldn't have spent had the government and regulators been so lax. I suspect toxic debt from the USA, Greek financial impropriety, and so called PIGS along with the UK carry a lot of the blame.......

What are PIGS? Portugual, Ireland, Greece, Spain.

Don't blame me, this apparently emanated from EU headquarters in Brussels.

The one I've used for the last 5 or 6 years is on the ground floor of Jomtien Complex Condo, but that's probably not much use to you if your GF's cheap room is in North Pattaya. If you told us where in town you will be located, maybe you would get some more useful replies?

P.S. commiserations on the crap pound, you're not alone in feeling Gordon Clown's nasty pinch.

Thanks for the replies.

Don't yet know where I'll be staying ( Roll on April! ). The GF says she has found a place at 5000bht a month, but don't know where it is.

Anyone had experience of using a safety box in a bank?

I'll have to stop checking the Baht rates- way too depressing!

Your gf cheap room.

These rooms for thais are about 1,500-2,000 baht a month.When you get one for 5,000 baht a month the quality should be ok,as a mate of mine stayed in one on soi 17,off 3rd road,as his gf booked it,and was brilliant for 4,500 a month

A few years back Diana hotel used to rent out some safety boxes at their hotel to non guests.

Don't know if they still do it, or the cost but you could check it out.

Some of the other bigger hotels may do it, for a fee also.

Your gf cheap room.

These rooms for thais are about 1,500-2,000 baht a month.When you get one for 5,000 baht a month the quality should be ok,as a mate of mine stayed in one on soi 17,off 3rd road,as his gf booked it,and was brilliant for 4,500 a month

Thanks for the latest replies.

the safe sounds like the best idea.

Yeah, her present room is way cheaper than 5000, but she isn't keen on me staying there as she says too many pretty ladies around!

Your gf cheap room.

Yeah, her present room is way cheaper than 5000, but she isn't keen on me staying there as she says too many pretty ladies around!

Hm, 1500-2000 baht per month, too many pretty ladies around, maybe one should consider renting a room there, where is it? :)

Your gf cheap room.

Hm, 1500-2000 baht per month, too many pretty ladies around, maybe one should consider renting a room there, where is it? :)

Soi Buakaew ( ? spelling ) somewhere.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Your gf cheap room.

Soi Buakaew ( ? spelling ) somewhere.

Soi Buakao is a long road, can you be more specific? :D

Soi Buakao is a long road, can you be more specific? :D

Sorry, don't know, but I'm sure you can have fun researching all the accomodation to see which has the best view of all the lovely ladees.

• 2 months later...
Big C: North Pattaya. Located on the second floor just outside of the mobile phone shop enclave.

It also provides photocopying, postal, laminating and other such ancillary services.

Couldn't find the place.

There are 2 places that rent for 500 bht/ month, in Soi Yamato and in Soi Buakao near Sawasdee Hotel.

Large supermarkets are doing a roaring trade in home safes.