Is There New Visa On Arrivals Rules ?

colino

Hi all

right here goes I am at Heathrow now 06.40am 8th march

i have just had a 20 minute delay checking in for my flight with Jet airways because they have been told that all visas on arrivals costs 1000 baht and we must show that each traveller has a minimum of 10,000 baht , jet airways staff said they had a memo yesterday saying that the 30 day visa on arrival has been changed to 15 days ,, so at the moment they are just telling all passengers that are going to LOS ,, about the changes and 1 staff member told me that the overstay has gone up to 1000 baht as well,,,

So over to you guys does anybody know if this is true or just more paper pushing gone wrong ,

thanks in advance for any info

Colino

Sounds like a case of Chinese Whispers, if these changes had gone through the visas forum would be buzzing.

A few thoughts:-

A Visa on Arrival IS 1000 Baht, but only available to a select few countries, mostly from the Indian sub continent, these do indeed give you 15 days. Since Jet is an Indian airline that's likely where the confusion has arisen.

A Visa Exemption which is what you're talking about is a totally different animal, is free and gives you 30 days (at the airport), available to a much larger list of nationalities including UK.

These is a requirement to have (IIRC) 20,000 Baht to cover your costs, but I know of nobody who's ever been asked to show it, not a new rule.

Sounds like a case of Chinese Whispers, if these changes had gone through the visas forum would be buzzing.

A few thoughts:-

A Visa on Arrival IS 1000 Baht, but only available to a select few countries, mostly from the Indian sub continent, these do indeed give you 15 days. Since Jet is an Indian airline that's likely where the confusion has arisen.

A Visa Exemption which is what you're talking about is a totally different animal, is free and gives you 30 days (at the airport), available to a much larger list of nationalities including UK.

These is a requirement to have (IIRC) 20,000 Baht to cover your costs, but I know of nobody who's ever been asked to show it, not a new rule.

Hi crossy thanks for the info i tried to explain this to the check girls ,in the end a supervisor said she was still letting people travel per norm ,, well i am here now just having a cig before going through and see ,,, one other thing just before we landed the air crew told everyone that you can only take out max 3000 baht when flying out ,,, what is going on ha ha ha ,, crazy ,Colino

I find jet airways staff are always confused, i have flown with them 3 times now and wont fly with them again. there check in at heathrow is a joke and no body seems to know what they are doing.

It is like being in mumbai already.

If you are a Uk national and you arrive by international flight then you will get 30 days on arrival at no cost.

If you arive in another country and enter by road or travel out of thailand and back in by road then you will only get 15 days.

If you overstay it is 500 Baht per day,

You can take a maximum of 10,000 dollars into Thailand without declaring it.

If you are a Uk national and you arrive by international flight then you will get 30 days on arrival at no cost.

If you arive in another country and enter by road or travel out of thailand and back in by road then you will only get 15 days.

Note: in both cases (by air and road) this entry is 'visa exempt', not 'visa on arrival'.

• 4 weeks later...
I did not state that it was called "visa on arrival" stevenl i mearly stated that you get 30 days on arrival (i.e when you get there) sorry for confusion.
And I did not state you called it 'visa on arrival'. I just mentioned there is a difference between visa on arrival and visa exempt.