Physio Shoulder Upper Back Deep Tissue Massage Help

blink

Hi All, I will be in the Pattaya area in a few weeks & would be eternally grateful if anybody could recommend a good Physio/Massage place that i could visit. Perhaps even the name of a trained Deep Tissue massage person. I seriously damaged my upper back rhomboids/shoulder area a few years ago & Im afraid it it has been the bane of my life ever since. I have tried various people in the UK but none have improved it. The only person that has ever done any good was a physio that ran a massage shop in phuket who after a few sessions really seemed to be straightening it out. Unfortunately i only found her a few days before i was due to return home & then on the final couple of day before flying home she was sick & somebody else in the shop who obviously didnt know her onions as well (maybe just a regular trained massage person) had a bash & actually undid most of the good work that had been done!! :)

I am therefore looking for suggestions of somebody who can help preferably in the pattaya area. It may take a lot of work & many sessions as it is still mangled up in a real bad way but id appreciate any input & dont mind traveling if needed . I would obviously consider a trained physio at a hospital or medical facility if appropriate or just a small shop with the right person it doesnt matter. I have very limited strength & restricted movement in my right shoulder/arm since this injury & am disabled with a condition affecting my left side so this really has made things very difficult for me.

Many thanks for any replies & advice, Sorry if i have bored you with my rather long winded post.

Andre

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply Guys , Its very much appreciated & your responses so far will certainly help give me some well informed options for who to seek out when i arrive towards the end of April.

Any more suggestions obviously welcome.

Go and see Dr Mongkol, in the same car park as foodmart in Jomtien.

I had a persistent neck/shoulder problem that i just could not get fixed, here or in the UK, and i am talking about years!!, went to see him and after some diagnosis and a 2 week course of tablets - SORTED!!, and touch wood - that has been a couple of years now with no recurrence. :)

The guy knows his stuff for sure!

Inside the watchaimongol temple in South Pattaya is a massage shop ( near the last gate) and I have friends who go there every time they are here as they have similar problems with shoulder etc. The treatment is so good they have no pain/problems for a year after treatment so they always make regular visits when here on their annual holiday.

I have been told by a couple of other people that it is a genuine deep massage and they do not pull there punches in other words can be painful! stretching, bending, elbows in back etc!

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel who was the British weight lifter Physiotherapist is a real Pro and not expensive, Nigel Kelsey, call on 089 0993845. He charges 500bht. ...

head up south Pattaya road from say Friendship supermarket, go streight on at the next lights and then about 3 or 4 hundred yards there is a small junction, turn left and his place is almost the first shop on the right.

But phone for an appointment 1st.

Inside the watchaimongol temple in South Pattaya is a massage shop ( near the last gate) and I have friends who go there every time they are here as they have similar problems with shoulder etc. The treatment is so good they have no pain/problems for a year after treatment so they always make regular visits when here on their annual holiday.

I have been told by a couple of other people that it is a genuine deep massage and they do not pull there punches in other words can be painful! stretching, bending, elbows in back etc!

The painful tugging, bending and stretching is not "genuine deep massage" and it can be very damaging. Any stretch which hurts should be avoided. You have been warned.

• 2 weeks later...

Many Thanks again for taking the time to reply guys, been busy for the last couple of weeks so not checked in. Danlo Ive searched the forum & seen good reference to Nigel before. I have had no luck whatsoever with UK based/trained Physios here & was thinking more of the deep tissue approach but maybe nigel will have seen similar injuries with his weightlifting background? LennyW I know where Dr Mongkol is as i normally stay in that area & appreciate the heads up. JohnC Thanks for the info about shop near the temple sounds interesting & great if works for your friends but & this is really ironic but the original injury was caused by a streching/bending tugging of my arm behind my back. So as Tropo kindly pointed out this may not be the best thing for me & i have to be really careful. I certainly dont mind a bit of pain but have to be sure its concentrated in the right area & doing me good.

Any Other suggestion or if anyone knows of genuine deep tissue work is always appreciated?

& as always Thanks again this really means a lot to me.

Edited by blink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I recommend Siam Physiotherapy, at Diana Estates, North Pattaya. I had an injury years ago and they helped me recover from a devastating fall. You can Google their location and number. I swear by them!

Edited by ehs818

On 3/27/2010 at 2:11 AM, Danlo said:

Nigel who was the British weight lifter Physiotherapist is a real Pro and not expensive, Nigel Kelsey, call on 089 0993845. He charges 500bht. ...

head up south Pattaya road from say Friendship supermarket, go streight on at the next lights and then about 3 or 4 hundred yards there is a small junction, turn left and his place is almost the first shop on the right.

But phone for an appointment 1st.

2nd-ed

This nine year old topic has been dug up from the past by a spammer from India who has now been booted, so I will close it,  best to start a new one for up to date information.

//CLOSED//