Amari Orchid Hotel Pattaya Construction?

Love You Long Time

Hi all,we are coming to the Amari Ochid Hotel in Pattaya 24th May 2005 and just received all our travel itenary and hotel documents and it says that the AOH Hotel has "building works in the lower gardens of the property from 9-9 daily"!,also that they are "construction a new tower and conference centre,heavy machinery will be used in the initial phase 01 may-05 may-31st dec06"!,what a shock,nothing was mentioned when we booked.

Also more news off AMO Hotel building a new restauraunt directly on the beach road opposite,built on the site of the La Gritta Restauraunt.

Can anyone gives us any feedback on how bad the builkding work is and any disruption and how bad it looks?i have e-mailed the travel company to complain,but maybe it is not as bad as it sounds!,is access to the beach compromised opposite the AMO?,any help or feedback apprecited especially if anyone lives nearby or can find out more would be much appreciated.

regards :o

love you long time :D

"

Stayed at the Amari Orchid for three days in march during the music festival.

There was some constuction work then although this sounds possibly different.

The lower gardens are quite a bit lower than the hotel and my best guess from back in the Uk is that you should be alright. However I would say thats its not very impressive to be told at the last minute. I did look at another hotel during my stay because I like to do that, one very near which although not as prestigious or large as the amari did look very nice and a bit more homely. The Woodlands, cheaper and had a nice meal there too and would stay there next time. Have a nice holiday !