Roi-et Info Please

keightzee

Hi i will be looking to go to Roi-et whilst over in Thailand. Question is where is the closest airport now as i belive pb air has gonbe under so no longer you can fly from Bangkok direct.

I know the bus is an option but i would rather fly to somewhere up north then take a shorter bus trip if thats a possible option.

An advice appreciated.

Cheers

Khon Kaen. Flights to and from BKK 3 times a day. Around 2000 Baht. Then get on a Nakhonchai Air bus. (The 'Air' bit refers to suspension or air-con or something, has nothing to do with aeroplanes).

Yes I know dude.

Truth is, there's no way I'd use PB Air now anyway because of the cost. It was running 2750 Baht each way when the VIP bus costs around 550.

Those days are long gone.

As has PB Air

I second Khon Kaen... because it has the most flight options and also for it's proximity to Roi Et (about 95km by car/bus)... there is no closer airport that will save you time or money. I miss Roi Et airport!!!

I miss Roi Et airport as well.

PB Air was a great little airline even if a little over priced. Great service and planes.

A real shame for sure.

The village that we visit is closer to Roi Et than Khon Kean and Roi Et is by far the better place to visit.

It is truly a little gem in the middle of nowhere.

Does anyone know if Nok Air are flying to Roi Et??

• 2 weeks later...
Khon Kaen. Flights to and from BKK 3 times a day. Around 2000 Baht. Then get on a Nakhonchai Air bus. (The 'Air' bit refers to suspension or air-con or something, has nothing to do with aeroplanes).

Where is the bus terminal in relation to the Khon Kaen airport? I'm flying in to Khon Kaen at 7am in a few weeks and need to catch a bus to Roi Et. Any information would be appreciated thanks.