Cloud Nine Lounge Restaurant

petercallen

It has not been open very long and it was recommended by a friend and turned out to be a pleasant surprise

It has a western and Thai menu and is quite reasonably priced

We had Thai Food on our first visit which i found excellent, my wife enjoyed her food also, and if she says the food is good it must be good as she is a excellent cook of Thai food herself and not slow at telling people if she thinks the food is not up to her standards.

The restaurant is clean, light and airy, some of the staff speak excellent English, all staff are friendly and courteous and ask you if you are enjoying your food,

i am sure if you were not they would do something about it.

It has a nice view over the seashell museum and there is plenty of parking, i notice a sign out front as we were leaving saying they had a happy hour between 5 and 7pm all beers it was either 45 or 55 baht.

I will be trying the western food next visit and if its as good as the Thai food it will be our regular restaurant.

I'll go there again, the food was fine, not too expensive, 49 baht beers until 8 pm, and they have a foosball table as well as a pool table.

well now if we can get them to have the UBC package with the ASN network, we might have a replacement for Don's Saloon. Might.......

Took wife and her family there tonight. Very friendly staff and the food was ok. Not super, but family said the food was fine and more was ordered.

Will go back.

I have had better food with horrible service, so this place is a refreshing difference.

Took wife and her family there tonight. Very friendly staff and the food was ok. Not super, but family said the food was fine and more was ordered.

Will go back.

I have had better food with horrible service, so this place is a refreshing difference.

Sounds like you have a Thai wife like me, when they enjoy there food they always order more it amazes me how much they can eat.

well now if we can get them to have the UBC package with the ASN network, we might have a replacement for Don's Saloon. Might.......

Grumpy its nothing like Dons, check it out yourself and you will see what i mean.

not going to find something like Don's, just need a viable replacement.

I've been there a few times, but take-away food as the view is the main road - not my idea of a pleasant view. :)

The food is pretty good and I like to support the place as its owned and run by a Thai couple, I believe.

Just hoping it stays open as its also v convenient for me, but it always seems empty - so not hopeful.

I popped in there last night for a quick bite and noticed that the place was packed. After sitting for about 2 minutes, the waiter came up and told me there was a free buffet as there was a birthday celebration. One of the better free buffets with seafood, tom yam, mussels, chicken and fish.

There weren't any balloons and I didn't see any advertising, so I wonder how all the balloon chasers found the place :)?

Run by an Aussie (I think) and his Thai wife. His wife is usually behind the bar.

While there with the village, he came up to me and asked if that was his phone (my son was playing with mine and the owner had left his on his table and walked away).

But a nice guy.

Run by an Aussie (I think) and his Thai wife. His wife is usually behind the bar.

While there with the village, he came up to me and asked if that was his phone (my son was playing with mine and the owner had left his on his table and walked away).

But a nice guy.

The restaurant is owned by a Thai lady and her husband is French.

The lady who owns and runs the restaurant is Thai.

She ran the tourist police office on the beach road in Patong for a long time and helped a lot of tourists who had problems

and managed to solve a lot of them and they went away happy and thanked her for her help.

She did this as a volunteer, was not payed to do it, just wanted to help both tourists and Thais and keep everyone happy.

She is worried about the low season And wants to keep her staff on who she treats very well.

The food and service is excellent and priced so Thais as well as expats can eat there

It was her birthday recently and not only the invited people but any customer who came to the restaurant got to enjoy

the free buffet.

She is a very nice person and i hope she gets the support she needs to keep the restaurant open.

But a nice guy.

The restaurant is owned by a Thai lady and her husband is French.

Like to go too. Never heard of a french guy with an australian accent.