Web Site For Thai Consulate/embassy Houston?

Hi..

I want to apply for a 60 day Tourist Visa from Houston.

Do they have their own site to download the forms etc..?

I can find other thai embassy sites.. but not Houston... the one I want to use.

Otherwise, where do I find a Standard Visa Application form that doesn't have another Embassy's address on it...?

Oh, and what do I need to send, and what's the Fee..?

ChrisP

Edited by ChrisP

They may not have their own website, but this may be useful:

TEXAS (Houston)

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

600 Travis, Ste. 2800

HOUSTON, TX 77002-3940

Tel : (713) 229-0636

Fax : (713) 228-1303

E-mail : [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Charles C. Foster

and take a look at:

http://www.thai-la.net/texas.htm

(looks like you can download the forms from the LA Consulate website and send them to Houston when completed)

Edited by Steve2UK

Many thanks...!

Is the Tourist Visa "Multiple Entry"..? i.e. Can I leave to visit other countries and re-enter Thailand during the term of the visa..?

ChrisP

The UK-based Consulate I use (Hull) lists single, double, triple & quadruple Tourist Visas at different costs - so I assume that they must also be available from a US-based Consulate.

I'm only a Brit, so maybe a US reader can tell you from first-hand knowledge. Or e-mail the Consulate and ask?

I called Los Angeles and discovered that it's "$25 per entry"... So you apply for a

"Tourist Visa for 3 Entries - $75 Fee."

ChrisP

And I thought it was just CD's & I-pods that we Brits pay double for - on the UK-based Consulate site I mentioned, it's £25 per entry. (£1 = US$1.84)

Mai pen rai.............

I called Los Angeles and discovered that it's "$25 per entry"... So you apply for a

ChrisP

And I thought it was just CD's & I-pods that we Brits pay double for - on the UK-based Consulate site I mentioned, it's £25 per entry. (£1 = US$1.84)

Mai pen rai.............

$AUD 45 in Australia AUD 1 = USD 0.76

ChrisP

Mai pen rai.............

$AUD 45 in Australia AUD 1 = USD 0.76

US$25 for Americans

US$34 for Australians

US$46 for Brits

Thailand makes a more attractive offer to American tourists to visit because they are interested in getting a higher level of tourist than the Brits or Aussies.

:D:o

On that basis Germans should be $US 500  :D

A lot of people think I'm German or Dutch for some odd reason. :o

It's that ###### surname. It could have been Hawk but, some weird stuff happend with my Great Grandparents when they moved from Germany and my Great Grandfather had to take his wifes surname for some reason during immigration.

Sheiza!! :D

If you e-mail the Houston consulate, they may reply with their standard forms attached to their e-mail back to you (they did that for me).

I paid $125 US for a one-year multiple entry non-immig. B visa in Houston in April. Doesn't Los Angeles have a bad reputation for being uncooperative, diametrically opposed to Houston?

• 2 months later...
If you e-mail the Houston consulate, they may reply with their standard forms attached to their e-mail back to you (they did that for me).

I paid $125 US for a one-year multiple entry non-immig. B visa in Houston in April.  Doesn't Los Angeles have a bad reputation for being uncooperative, diametrically opposed to Houston?

Does anyone have any experience applying for a multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa in person at the Royal Thai Consulate in Houston? That is, could you show up in the morning and drop off your paperwork/passport/fee, and then possibly pick up your passport that same afternoon or the next day? (I obtained my current multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa from Houston via FedEx but am thinking about making a trip to Houston coincidental with my application for a new visa.)

I have spoken with the legal assistant there who seems to handle all the paperwork. She is incredibly helpful and responsive. I will also call her when I return to the U.S.A. next month to ask about applying in person, and post back here if no one has any first-hand knowledge or experiences.

I paid $125 US for a one-year multiple entry non-immig. B visa in Houston in April.  Doesn't Los Angeles have a bad reputation for being uncooperative, diametrically opposed to Houston?

Does anyone have any experience applying for a multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa in person at the Royal Thai Consulate in Houston? That is, could you show up in the morning and drop off your paperwork/passport/fee, and then possibly pick up your passport that same afternoon or the next day? (I obtained my current multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa from Houston via FedEx but am thinking about making a trip to Houston coincidental with my application for a new visa.)

I have spoken with the legal assistant there who seems to handle all the paperwork. She is incredibly helpful and responsive. I will also call her when I return to the U.S.A. next month to ask about applying in person, and post back here if no one has any first-hand knowledge or experiences.

Yes, I've done it in person, three years in a row, multiple entry non-imm B in person in Houston. If you're driving, the only parking place may be at the Petroleum Club one block to the south; say hello to G. H. W. Bush if he's in. :o

It's always been a 24-hour turnaround for me. But don't make a mistake. They're the best in the world if you have all your ducks in a row, but they still have to have the paperwork correct (such as a yellow fever immunization if you're been in a wrong country).

If you want to get an international driving license in Houston, I can tell you where it's a quick turnaround.

$125 is a lot more than $50 or $75, but with that condemnible 90-day exit rule, you're going to use at least three, maybe even six entries in 365 days. I just have to count to 90 days, not to some tiny number of entries.

Edited by PeaceBlondie

If I live in New Jersey, can I Fed-Ex my visa application and paperwork for a one year non-immigrant multiple entry visa to the Houston HonoraryConsulate without any problems due to where I live? Or will the Houston Consulate require that I send my application to the New York Consulate which is a lot closer. Does location of where I live have any bearing in sending to Houston?

I have heard that the Houston Consulate is a lot more receptive than the New York Consulate.

What docs did they want for the 1 year multiple non-em B visa there?

Cheers!

I followed the instructions on the Thai Embassy website...

1. Completed application

2. Two (2) photos

3. Passport

4. Supporting letter, from a 'certified' third party, stating the purpose of my visit and the requirement for a Non-Immigrant multiple entry B visa.

5. U.S. Postal Money order for $125

6. Return postage

7. A cover letter

I live(d) in New England but applied to Houston (even though there is a Thai Consul within walking distance of my home) as I was advised by the provider of the supporting letter. I FedExed my documents on a Monday and received my passport back two days later (Wednesday). I included a pre-paid FedEx waybill for the return of my passport.

Edited by lomatopo

Man, there is such a big difference on what the embassies/consulates require. Reading the linked homepage any business (even my own) letter will work for the non-em b visa. Difference is probably whether one gets a non-em b multiple entry visa for 12 months with a "good sponsorship" (Thai/established) compared to a little foreign biz...?

Cheers!

On my last visit to Houston (they recognized me from prior years) I took two letters of prospective employment and presented the shoddy looking one (any 8th grader with a computer and a red ink stamp could have forged it). She trusted me and accepted the dodgy looking (but authentic) letter. OTOH, I showed her countless photos of my current work in Thailand. I even wore a Thaisilk shirt.

It's a classy office; I always go dressed nicely, as I would to a govt. office in Thailand.

I've heard of Los Angelenos FedExing their documents to Houston, no problem. But there are no guarantees.

• 3 weeks later...

Special Thanks to Dr. Pat Pong. :o

I actually received my One Year Visa today--with NO PROBLEMS.

I asked a question about getting a One Year Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry Visa on this board a short time ago, and Dr. Pat Pong had replied that it would be best for me to try to get this visa from the Thai Honorary Consulate in Houston, Texas.

Originally, I was going to send my visa application to the New York Consulate as I had done before. But in my humble opinion, whenever I tried to contact the New York Consulate, they were somewhat impolite, hanging up on me, telling me to call back several times later when Mrs. So & So would be there; but of course, she never was. I sent an e-mail to the New York Consulate with a simple question, only receiving an e-mail reply stating that I must call (long-distance) to their office in New York....and NO EMAILS, please.

So taking Dr. Pong's advice, I had e-mailed Ms. Julie Richardson, Honorary Vice-Consul for the Kingodm of Thailand, in Houston, Texas. In the e-mails, I asked simple questions about the cost of a One Year, Multiple Entry visa (type O), can she e-mail me the visa application and the various visa pay options and type of mail delivery.

The very next day, Ms. Richardson had e-mailed me with all the information, including visa. What superb service!

I had decided to mail my completed visa application via Certified US Mail Service to Houston.

The Royal Thai Consulate General's office is open Monday - Thursday, 8:30 am to 10:30 am and from 2 pm to 4 pm. Normal processing time is 24 hours.

She stated that the visas can also be issued my MAIL. She recommended that if obtaining the visa by mail, the application must be accompanied by all the evidences required, your passport, and a self-addressed-stamped envelope, a prepaid Federal Express Envelope or other means of returning your passport.

You can also go IN PERSON directly to the Honorary Consulate. Once she receives the visa application with proper evidences, the turn around time is 24 hours.

She also stated that the visas are dated as of the date the PASSPORT AND VISA APPLICATION ARE PRESENTED. Therefore, Visas CANNOT be backdated or postdated.

The correct visa processing fee for a One Year Non-Immigrant Visa is $125 USD. This can be paid in CASH (correct change is appreciated and there is a bank in the lobby of the building) or by MONEY ORDER made payable to THAI CONSULATE.

She mentions that it is best to pay by MONEY ORDER if the visa application is being made via MAIL.

Also best to e-mail her for the visa application. In the case where the Embassy mails the applicant an application form, the Embassy must receive the correct postage stamps in compensation; otherwise, the application will NOT be processed.

So I sent the following items to Ms. Richardson in order to get a One Year Non-Immigrant Visa, Type O:

1. Current signed passport valid for not less than 6 months.

2. One VISA APPLICATION FORM, fully completed and signed.

3. Two current color (or black and white) 2 x 2 inch passpsort PHOTOGRAPHS.

4. In my case, I own 3 adjoining condos, all renovated into one huge condo, total cost two years ago, +4 million baht. I sent along copies of the Chanots (Title Deeds) for each of the condos.

5. A copy of my Thai bank account balance.

6. A copy of my bank account balance in Amerca.

7. A copy of my Deferred Retirement statement from my former employer.

I am way too young to apply for the one year Retirement Visa O-A.

On the visa application where it asks for the reason for visa, I wrote down "to live in my condo."

I think that just sending my bank balance here in the States as well as my copies of my Thai Condo Chanots would be more than enough information that would be required.

I sent the Visa application and all necessary supporting documents via regular United States Postal Service, Certified Mail. I live over 1,500 miles from Houston; therefore, it took exactly 4 days for the Honorary Consulate to receive my visa application, and another 4 days to receive the One Year Visa along with my Passport.

I asked Julie to add some scotchtape to the back of my Passport and Visa envelope so that it would not accidentally open when she would send them back to me. And she did!

The Royal Thai Consulate General in Houston and Ms. Julie M. Richardson do a first-rate job. They are extraordinary!

If I had sent my application to New York, it would have taken a lot longer and more questions like "What do you do for living now, why you go to Thailand, do you have girlfriend, you have XX amount of dollars in American bank, not enough to live in Thailand. Please send more information....."

I had absolutely none of the problems, headaches and heartaches from Houston that I had originally received from New York last year. I did get my one year visa last year from New York, but it was such a hassle.

Here is the apppriate information for anyone in the United States hoping to get a Tourist visa or Non-Immigrant Visa:

Julie M. Richardson

Honorary Vice-Consul for the Kingdom of Thailand

c/o Tindall & Foster

600 Travis, Suite 2800

Houston, TX 77002

713-229-0636 Ext. 1107

713-228-1303

e-mail: [email protected]

Once again, a debt of gratitude to Dr. Pat Pong for steering me in the right direction.

Kudos for a job well done! :D

I'm off to the Land of Smiles in 40 days. Hope to see all of you real soon.

Edited by sabai sabai

ChrisP

There may be no need for multi entry if you are just visiting during the normal 60 day stay period of a tourist visa as you will obtain visa free entry of 30 days in any case when you return to Thailand so if that will cover the remainder of your visit you do not have to spend for a visa entry.

Another option if plans are open is to obtain a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht here in Thailand prior to leaving and that will keep your original 60 day entry valid. But that would be extra work so if you know you need the entries it would be better to get in US (although those with higher priced visas might want to consider the re entry route).

The two/three entry is really valid when you intend to spend more than two months in the area with several trips to Thailand planned and these may be longer than 30 days each.

Special Thanks to Dr. Pat Pong.  :o

I actually received my One Year Visa today--with NO PROBLEMS.

I asked a question about getting a One Year Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry Visa on this board a short time ago, and Dr. Pat Pong had replied that it would be best for me to try to get this visa from the Thai Honorary Consulate in Houston, Texas.

Originally, I was going to send my visa application to the New York Consulate as I had done before. But in my humble opinion, whenever I tried to contact the New York Consulate, they were somewhat impolite, hanging up on me, telling me to call back several times later when Mrs. So & So would be there; but of course, she never was. I sent an e-mail to the New York Consulate with a simple question, only receiving an e-mail reply stating that I must call (long-distance) to their office in New York....and NO EMAILS, please.

So taking Dr. Pong's advice, I had e-mailed Ms. Julie Richardson, Honorary Vice-Consul for the Kingodm of Thailand, in Houston, Texas. In the e-mails, I asked simple questions about the cost of a One Year, Multiple Entry visa (type O), can she e-mail me the visa application and the various visa pay options and type of mail delivery.

The very next day, Ms. Richardson had e-mailed me with all the information, including visa. What superb service!

I had decided to mail my completed visa application via Certified US Mail Service to Houston.

The Royal Thai Consulate General's office is open Monday - Thursday, 8:30 am to 10:30 am and from 2 pm to 4 pm. Normal processing time is 24 hours.

She stated that the visas can also be issued my MAIL. She recommended that if obtaining the visa by mail, the application must be accompanied by all the evidences required, your passport, and a self-addressed-stamped envelope, a prepaid Federal Express Envelope or other means of returning your passport.

You can also go IN PERSON directly to the Honorary Consulate. Once she receives the visa application with proper evidences, the turn around time is 24 hours.

She also stated that the visas are dated as of the date the PASSPORT AND VISA APPLICATION ARE PRESENTED. Therefore, Visas CANNOT be backdated or postdated.

The correct visa processing fee for a One Year Non-Immigrant Visa is $125 USD. This can be paid in CASH (correct change is appreciated and there is a bank in the lobby of the building) or by MONEY ORDER made payable to THAI CONSULATE.

She mentions that it is best to pay by MONEY ORDER if the visa application is being made via MAIL.

Also best to e-mail her for the visa application. In the case where the Embassy mails the applicant an application form, the Embassy must receive the correct postage stamps in compensation; otherwise, the application will NOT be processed.

So I sent the following items to Ms. Richardson in order to get a One Year Non-Immigrant Visa, Type O:

1. Current signed passport valid for not less than 6 months.

2. One VISA APPLICATION FORM, fully completed and signed.

3. Two current color (or black and white) 2 x 2 inch passpsort PHOTOGRAPHS.

4. In my case, I own 3 adjoining condos, all renovated into one huge condo, total cost two years ago, +4 million baht. I sent along copies of the Chanots (Title Deeds) for each of the condos.

5. A copy of my Thai bank account balance.

6. A copy of my bank account balance in Amerca.

7. A copy of my Deferred Retirement statement from my former employer.

I am way too young to apply for the one year Retirement Visa O-A.

On the visa application where it asks for the reason for visa, I wrote down "to live in my condo."

I think that just sending my bank balance here in the States as well as my copies of my Thai Condo Chanots would be more than enough information that would be required.

I sent the Visa application and all necessary supporting documents via regular United States Postal Service, Certified Mail. I live over 1,500 miles from Houston; therefore, it took exactly 4 days for the Honorary Consulate to receive my visa application, and another 4 days to receive the One Year Visa along with my Passport.

I asked Julie to add some scotchtape to the back of my Passport and Visa envelope so that it would not accidentally open when she would send them back to me. And she did!

The Royal Thai Consulate General in Houston and Ms. Julie M. Richardson do a first-rate job. They are extraordinary!

If I had sent my application to New York, it would have taken a lot longer and more questions like "What do you do for living now, why you go to Thailand, do you have girlfriend, you have XX amount of dollars in American bank, not enough to live in Thailand. Please send more information....."

I had absolutely none of the problems, headaches and heartaches from Houston that I had originally received from New York last year. I did get my one year visa last year from New York, but it was such a hassle.

Here is the apppriate information for anyone in the United States hoping to get a Tourist visa or Non-Immigrant Visa:

Julie M. Richardson

Honorary Vice-Consul for the Kingdom of Thailand

c/o Tindall & Foster

600 Travis, Suite 2800

Houston, TX 77002

713-229-0636 Ext. 1107

713-228-1303

e-mail: [email protected]

Once again, a debt of gratitude to Dr. Pat Pong for steering me in the right direction.

Kudos for a job well done!  :D

I'm off to the Land of Smiles in 40 days. Hope to see all of you real soon.

Good upon you Sabai Sabai :D

• 3 years later...

I paid $125 US for a one-year multiple entry non-immig. B visa in Houston in April. Doesn't Los Angeles have a bad reputation for being uncooperative, diametrically opposed to Houston?

Yes, I've done it in person, three years in a row, multiple entry non-imm B in person in Houston. If you're driving, the only parking place may be at the Petroleum Club one block to the south; say hello to G. H. W. Bush if he's in. :)

It's always been a 24-hour turnaround for me. But don't make a mistake. They're the best in the world if you have all your ducks in a row, but they still have to have the paperwork correct (such as a yellow fever immunization if you're been in a wrong country).

If you want to get an international driving license in Houston, I can tell you where it's a quick turnaround.

$125 is a lot more than $50 or $75, but with that condemnible 90-day exit rule, you're going to use at least three, maybe even six entries in 365 days. I just have to count to 90 days, not to some tiny number of entries.

Very informative.

What documents did you submit to get the Non-Imm B visa?

I am a newbie at this. I will appreciate your advice and info.

Thanks!

Pisico

Are you aware that you have reopened a 4 year old topic.

What do you need information about?

Are you working for company here orin the States that can give you a letter of invitation or stating you are working for them here?