Concerning Buying Property In Thailand

I hope the injured man recovers to the fullest extent possible. Poor guy.

It's interesting but unsurprising that the property-developer-owned newspapers didn't cover this story.

I love the quote

note to self; continue NOT to buy property in thailand

couldn't agree more; these incidents of GBH and attempted murder are rare and shocking, but expose the lack of legal recourse, protection and care with which all foreigners must contend in LOS.

I am sure the victims knew foreigners cannot own landed properties in Thailand. And if they still deal with developers selling houses to foreigners, it is clear both parties do not have 'innocent' intentions in the eyes of the Law... :)

Not sure what the OP's point was, but the story noted that the wife of one guy tried to have him killed.

Perhaps the OP was warning farang men from marrying Thai women. From the many accounts of revenge

meted out by Thai women, I'd take my chances with a thug with a baseball bat any day.

In business, and child-rearing, you have to pick your fights carefully. Was getting beaten senseless worth $50,000?

It reminds me of the TV story of a guy who parked his car at a certain spot at a beach, despite being told not to, and had his arm broken.

Was it worth it?

Not sure what the OP's point was, but the story noted that the wife of one guy tried to have him killed.

That dispute was over a overcharged water bill! I say one has better chose ones fight whether one is right or wrong.

Perhaps the OP was warning farang men from marrying Thai women. From the many accounts of revenge

meted out by Thai women, I'd take my chances with a thug with a baseball bat any day.

In business, and child-rearing, you have to pick your fights carefully. Was getting beaten senseless worth $50,000?

It reminds me of the TV story of a guy who parked his car at a certain spot at a beach, despite being told not to, and had his arm broken.

Was it worth it?

Obviously the victim did not plan on getting beat with a baseball bat. Additionally, if something like this were to happen in the nightlife area concerning a yabba'd up baht bus driver/motorcycle taxi driver/ladyboy/crazed bar girl maybe it would not be too surprising. Terrible, but not too surprising.

I guess the take away from this is the following warning:

When dealing with any amounts of money in the country, you must be of the opinion that asking for a refund, even if you have been cheated, is a good way to end up dead or beaten severely.

I know that some people comment that they enjoy the loosey goosey way the laws are enforced here, as it is not a nanny state/freedom to do almost anything etc, but the end result is some people who feel that they can do things with impunity. Sad.

Was it worth it?

'hhgz' - I must say you have a very dry sense of humour :)

Was it worth it?

Go back and read the story again, you've got everything, arse about tit! Duh!

• 4 weeks later...
If you are ever thinking of buying property in Thailand, come to Jomtien ( if you can ) look at where View Talay 7 has been built, and make you decision.

Yep, much as i dislike condos in general, i have to admit that building turned out very nice with a lot of happy owners now!

If you are ever thinking of buying property in Thailand, come to Jomtien ( if you can ) look at where View Talay 7 has been built, and make you decision.

Yep, much as i dislike condos in general, i have to admit that building turned out very nice with a lot of happy owners now!

Yes, I'd have been well chuffed if I'd have spent 7Mil in Jomtien condo to see my view disappear.