Tattoos Done South

RueFang

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has got any tattoos done around the Hat Yai, Trang, Lanta, Krabi, Nakorn areas? Really hoping to get a tatt in the next couple of weeks and all the big touristy places are a little too far away to travel (am in Phatthalung). Am female and not after the sak yant temple tats just as a side note :) .

If so, how was the cleanliness/profesh side of things?? Ta muchly for advice.

(Boo - would love to go to Samui for hubby's work obviously, but a touch too far!)

(Meme - still eagerly awaiting any info from your local hang out :D ).

There is a tattoo shop in the lane between Odean and Central Hat Yai. The owner is a thai man named Gun who is internationally recognized. He has clients in Japan, HK, KL and Sing. He also has a very good collection of inks from the US which he distributes to a lot of tattoo parlours in ao Nang and Phuket. Not sure what the costs are like but I have been told they are pretty reasonable. I've not had one done, but a mate of mine has had a shoulder cap as well as sleeve, chest and back done with him.... he's upto over 100 hours so far and still counting.

If you have any problems locating him, you can go to the Swan Restaurant on Thamanoonvithi Road and ask the owner (P'Au) there for further contact details.

Thanks so much for that info SgtAngel, really appreciate it. After a bit of research I thought i was going to go to Mr Tattoo in Krabi but change of plans and now leaving via Hat Yai, so will definately check this place out (hope I can find it!!) and report back. Thanks again :)