Flights Are A Lot More Expensive

kevbomac05

to Thailand now at least from the states

i checked a couple of months ago and it was like around 700, 800 dollars

now i check and i cant even get a flight anytime from now to july for under 1200

ridiculous

1200 for a flight is a too much

so anybody got any cheaper ideas

The states is a hel_l of a big place, I assume that you mean the United States of America.

Which part are you flying from, I would imagine that the price differs from different airports.

Good luck with your booking...

That's correct, not easy to beat $1200 these days. Don't worry; try booking the same flights but originating in Thailand, then you'll get real sticker shock!

Yes, the States is big, but unless you're close to a West Coast major hub (LA or SF or Vancouver in Canada) you'll find it difficult to get a better price than $1200, which is actually pretty good these days!

I've been flying from Washington, DC to Bangkok for each of the last 5 years. The roundtrip ticket has run from $1000-$1200 (incl all taxes) during that time. That is with only one stop in between. I was never able to find anything cheaper online so I figured it was a deal.

Last Dec I booked my R/T from Atlanta (USA) for the month of April for $1016. That all fees included Koran Air. I would prefer to pay less however, this price is acceptable for me. In Jan I paid around $400 for R/T Atlanta/San Antonio TX which was a 2.5 hour flight. If the flight gets me there and back safely it will be worth it.

Last Dec I booked my R/T from Atlanta (USA) for the month of April for $1016. That all fees included Koran Air. I would prefer to pay less however, this price is acceptable for me. In Jan I paid around $400 for R/T Atlanta/San Antonio TX which was a 2.5 hour flight. If the flight gets me there and back safely it will be worth it.

Hmnnn.....That would be an unfortunate name for an airline :)

You could always check for specials from the US to Darwin or even Perth in Australia

Some budget aussie carriers do flights from those locations to BK for around AU$200..

Then again with the state of the US$ at the moment it might not work out any better.

No doubt the added expenses are due to the poor state of the greenback..And the fact that Obama doesnt really want you guys to step foot out of the place :D

:)

Hmnnn.....That would be an unfortunate name for an airline :)

It just might be the safest airline on the planet...

I remember paying $800.00 round trip back in 1998 from Boston to Bangkok and I thought that was a fair deal. I just purchased three tickets for my wife, son and myself as we will be travelling in April for a 3 week vacation.. Korean Air: $1650.00 each for me and the wife, and I purchased my son a seat at $1340.00 (under 2 years old).. BKK-New York (then BOS).

I use a consolidator in the States who deals exclusively in Asian travel and he has always been able to beat any ticket that I find on my own. I looked on my own for April and the cheapest I was coming up with was Continental at $1350.00 per ticket, but the layovers were ridiculous.

Hmnnn.....That would be an unfortunate name for an airline :D

:) true.

Hmnnn.....That would be an unfortunate name for an airline :D

It just might be the safest airline on the planet...

Not if all the crew are wonabe martyrs. :D (my last choice)

Since I booked in Dec I probably saved $200-$300 bucks. As far as safest airline who knows? Most are just one class A incident away from being in or out of the top ten. It out of my hands anyway :) I'm just riding in the back with the rest of the cattle :D . Besides the stewardess are much better looking than the heifers on No-Sweat or Dell-ta-da Air

• 2 weeks later...

Curiously, when investigating prices for folks to visit BKK and (Korean) CNX from Chicago/Detroit around late November, I found some prices more "normal." Perhaps it is not so curious given fuel price patterns.

shit, i haven't paid $7-800 in almost 2 years. i just paid $1500 due to a family emergency 1 month ago. $1100 has been the norm for the last year as i travel back to the states every 3.5 months. with that being said, i do choose to use NWA/Delta because i'm a millionmiler but, i still haven't seen anything in the $7-800 range in a long time. my friend just paid $967 out of LA. i use NY.