Thai Police Raid Plant That Make Triggering Parts For M79 Grenade Launchers

webfact

Police raid plant that make triggering parts for M79 grenade launchers

AYUTTHAYA -- Police raided a factory here and arrested the owner and workers for making triggering parts for M79 grenade launchers.

Acting on tips-off, police and raided the Fuji Auto Parts Industry in Wang Noi district at 12:30 pm.

Police found 300 pieces, which are triggering units of M79 launchers.

The owner, Cherdyos Jirawatanarak, 31, told police that he was hired by a man, identified only as Ake, to make the parts at the rate of Bt2,000 each.

He said his plant had already delivered 1,060 pieces of the parts but he did not know where the parts were sent to.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-13

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Wouldn't a plant that makes triggers for grenade launchers being monitored rather closely? Can anybody just order them?

I wouldn't be quite so quick to blame the red shirts just yet. Maybe it's Newin and his crew.

Wouldn't a plant that makes triggers for grenade launchers being monitored rather closely? Can anybody just order them?

I wouldn't be quite so quick to blame the red shirts just yet. Maybe it's Newin and his crew.

Would YOU recognize a triggering part for a grenade launcher? I would not. And if asked if I could make x number of this part - why should I not?

As far as I know it´s as likely to fit on a harvester as on a grenade launcher.

Edited by matte

I have seen a trigger for a grenade launcher, so yes, I probably would recognize it. Plants that make military parts usually have special contracts and special regulations about the manufacture and sale of their products. I would think that this would fall into that category.

At a minimum, I would think that someone would need to provide a little more information than the buyer did to buy these. It's not like they are used to fix a fan.

I have seen a trigger for a grenade launcher, so yes, I probably would recognize it. Plants that make military parts usually have special contracts and special regulations about the manufacture and sale of their products. I would think that this would fall into that category.

At a minimum, I would think that someone would need to provide a little more information than the buyer did to buy these. It's not like they are used to fix a fan.

Didn't you notice that this is an auto part business, not a military supplier!

They probably had no idea what the part was for,

Of course I agree with You about the restrictions, but I think You could get most of the needed parts made in Thailand by Your local blacksmith, and if You dont tell him what it is, why would he bother? Ordering trigger parts here, aiming parts there, and so on. The stock might be recognized as "weapon part", but for the rest? Hardly.

Knowing the average Thai's ability at reading maps, electrical circuits, building drawing, mechanical drawings, etc I would suspect that a sample mechanism was brought in for them to copy. This and most small arms trigger mechanisms are quite easily identified even by the most naive acting people.

Every machinist will need tolerance allowance and final destination to start the procedure. Doubt that even the clean up lad thought these items were for auto repair. The amount of money is a tip off, the auto sear on M 16 cost less than this at real world machine shops.

Of course I agree with You about the restrictions, but I think You could get most of the needed parts made in Thailand by Your local blacksmith, and if You dont tell him what it is, why would he bother? Ordering trigger parts here, aiming parts there, and so on. The stock might be recognized as "weapon part", but for the rest? Hardly.

I assume that grenades don't tend to fire on launch the way that bullets do, so casting might be just as reliable as forging. If that's not mistaken, it wouldn't be obvious that the tractor part ordered was necessarily some sort of weaponry, would it?

I think it hilarious that the owner of this place, Mr. Cherdyos Jirawatanarak told police that his plant had already delivered 1,060 pieces of the parts but he did not know where the parts were sent to. How could you deliver them and then not know where you delivered them?

I think it hilarious that the owner of this place, Mr. Cherdyos Jirawatanarak told police that his plant had already delivered 1,060 pieces of the parts but he did not know where the parts were sent to. How could you deliver them and then not know where you delivered them?

How about someone picking them up??

Money can close eyes, ears and mouths.

How about someone picking them up??

He said he delivered them. Maybe a translation error, or as Sisaketmike has said, maybe the sudden loss of memory was brought on by something else.

To me it is not a matter of it it is Red Shirts or insurgents, what bothers me is that if they were made for the same people to stole the 6,000 M-16s from the Thai Army a few weeks ago something big and bad is brewing in Thailand.

BB

post-50139-1268490444_thumb.png

post-50139-1268490269_thumb.jpg

Maybe a new drug lord, or for the Shan army about to take on the Burmese junta. They are stocking up on arms at the mo. Can only hope.

Edited by whiterussian

If these parts are for a red plan they seem a bit behind schedule to me. Myanmar is vary good possible, bring money, guns and lawyers Kochan have been talking up a confrontation soon, and they seems vary well funded as of late.

Would have been nice if the police would have not run in chests pumped with camera in tow and maybe did a little police work like surveillance. That is the best part of tips, the bad guys won't know you know.

Odd, is Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd army or police, because its been reported the ISA forces did the raid.

Chance of catching the pick up guy is near 0 now, pretty sure he has read about it. Cold trail, nice job.

Only real good news is at least 1000 don't have triggers.

What intrigues me about the discovery of the M79 grenade launcher parts is the reaction from Red Shirts, including Thaksin sympathizers on Thaivisa Forum. If they were really innocent and if there were really no links between Red Shirts and the secretive weapon parts makers, the Red leaders would have quickly come forward and fiercely condemned the weapon makers.

However, what they have reacted so far is to accuse the government of slandering Red Shirts by making up false evidence.

Too unusual to be innocent....

Edited by Rideau

What intrigues me about the discovery of the M79 grenade launcher parts is the reaction from Red Shirts, including Thaksin sympathizers on Thaivisa Forum. If they were really innocent and if there were really no links between Red Shirts and the secretive weapon parts makers, the Red leaders would have quickly come forward and fiercely condemned the weapon makers.

However, what they have reacted so far is to accuse the government of slandering Red Shirts by making up false evidence.

No need to shout we can read. I guess your right. Hand out the parts and they can be thrown at people, it is more effective then fish sauce anyway..

Do you really think because a possible other use of the parts is suggested, that it makes a person part of a secret red plan or even a red sympathizer?

It is obviouse that the government fear mongering has you upset and like we used to say in the old days

Ain't no thing, if sh-- happen - you'll hear it happen, if not - cause it don't matter no moore. :)

Speaking of dodgy weapons, has anyone heard any news on the masive cache of weapons (6,000 rifles) and grenades that were "misplaced?"

Has that story ever been confirmed? Last I read, it had not and there were many questions as to the original article's authenticity and accuracy.

I dont believe it was the validity of the article that was questioned. If I remember right, and many times I do NOT, the findings pointed to the fact that it was "an inside job."

No robbery, instead, embezzlement, the article said.

Its amazing that no further news has been disseminated on this. The damage that cache could inflict is unimaginable.

122408.jpg

This picture accompanied the story, so these MIGHT be the items in question. Of course, given the state of Thai journalism, this might just be a stock photo of some machine parts.

I believe some Filipinos fought the Japanese during WW II with two pieces of pipe. One piece of pipe slid outside the other with a nail to percuss the primer on a shotgun shell. High tech gives you a nice reliable machine. Now, where do you get the rounds???!!! :) Sincerely, McGyver

Yes seems the likely way to do it.

A massive arms theft is not likely. I would guess that an audit was about to happen and since those arms had already been sold, it would be difficult to explain. If they really want to solve the crime, they would have to follow the money. Which high ranking military officers are driving BMW's and Mercedes? Which government officials are living far above their means?

Linking grenade launchers and arms thefts to the red shirts is pretty feeble.

Oh man, it seems people still take the news literally, which is kind of sad.

This is just part of the gov. propaganda to make people hate and be suspicious about one faction.

There is NOTHING behind this story, you could walk into any hardware store and make claims like that.

In times of crisis you burn the Reichstag and blame it on the opposition.

When finally are they going for a fake attack on Abhisits life, or will they make him Mr. Kennedy?

This fish stinks from the head. Always these fakes in times when the reds are becoming active.

HOAX! but not a good one... :)

Well, in light of this post, I wish to fiercely condemn the weapons makers and assure everyone here that I had no involvement!!!1!! Please believe me!!!!1!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear, some people would blame the redshirts if a truck driver stole a case of bottled water from his load to give to his mother. "I swear, she was going to drink them herself, not supply them to Red Shirt paramilitaries! Don't execute me!!!!"

Edited by Hairy