Online Booking From Outside Thailand

miodo2009

How about expedia???

i use www.expedia.ca from inside and outside Thailand and found them cheapest and reliable ... also found www.edreams.com and they are cheap too .. can get billed in many currencies

Edited by wasagabob

You left out the major point. Where is home ? that is the controlling factor on securing the best deals. Direct booking is my choice, not the bigboy ex, etc. To America. China Air to the west coast. To Briton, Emirites. Those mega sites miss all the greaT DEALS, JUST DIRECT YOU TO THE PAID AVERTISER SITES. Tp Auz, try AirAsia via Mayasia.

Go to the website saveflights.com. Hit the contact button and send them the info you want them to address. It is a good idea to address your message to Jane. She is in BKK and will respond to you via e-mail. Very helpful, the best I have found, and she doesn't care where you are; she will do her best to make it happen. I think you will have a dependable agent for years to come. If you don't want to use the contact button, just use the e-mail address posted on that site.

Don't bother will filling in any inquiries in the flight search area. Just tell Jane what you want and when you want it. She will save you a lot of time looking. She will find the best prices as well, if you let her know that you're trying to get the best itinerary and the best price.

Edited by kandahar

Home is Europe

Considering you are asking for help

You would think you would provide more info.

in your follow up

I know the best flights and best routes to

every country in Europe, but you post lacking

info leads me to believe you do not deserve help

Thanks for all replies !

Go to Thai Airways site, as one should go directly to an airline, not to discounters.

Airlines have pulled up their socks and cut out the discounters. No dicounter can come close when you compare apples and apples. Just compare what TG gives you with a direct flight, no way any discounter can do it cheaper. They might, with long overlays (those "smart shoppers" sometimes post here "what to do in Sungapore from 11pm to 6am"). 6 hours flight from Nagoya to BKK becomes a 3 days journey with Expedia.

Expedia and similar, will not give you seat and meal selection and for any change of flight details you will have to contact them to do it. They can do it for you but nothing like you log in and do it as you please. They may even skip airlines where they have no interest in dealing with. From Nagoya to Bangkok they don't even mention direct flights by TG and JAL but mention dozens non-direct via Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Taiwan, Hong Kong...anything but direct and most favourable price. The diff in price between their 3 days trip that direct takes 6 hours is negligeable, if any.

Travel agencies are good when travelling party has no credit card (for example, you are paying with your CC for wife's travel from Thailand and not travelling yourself). They do bookings for about 20$ markup for what TG would do (booking made through an agent won't let you use TG site for anything - the agent will have to do any selections and changes fr you.

Edited by think_too_mut