Are Many Thais Rude Or Lacking Developed Nation's Common Sense

johndpoole

I don't know if Thai's are generally rude but one place they almost always wrong is on the golf course. The rules of golf are the same everywhere in the world so culture shouldn't come into it.

But it does, if you a 2 ball following a 6 ball they never let you play through. This applies to Koreans as well. The rules state that a slow playing 6 should let a faster playing 2 play through if the next hole is free.

Doesn't happen. Its defiantly a culture thing, they have no respect for the rules of golf or for their fellow golfers. In any private golf club in the UK or the US the Marshall would have had words at least, over here the starter/ marshall wont say anything (doesn't want to upset them).

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Thai's are generally rude but one place they almost always wrong is on the golf course. The rules of golf are the same everywhere in the world so culture shouldn't come into it.

But it does, if you a 2 ball following a 6 ball they never let you play through. This applies to Koreans as well. The rules state that a slow playing 6 should let a faster playing 2 play through if the next hole is free.

Doesn't happen. Its defiantly a culture thing, they have no respect for the rules of golf or for their fellow golfers. In any private golf club in the UK or the US the Marshall would have had words at least, over here the starter/ marshall wont say anything (doesn't want to upset them).

hi pattel - i don't know much about golf, so i'm asking out of curiosity. what would they do if you just 'played through' in thailand, regardless of what the thais think?

i find that when i get ticked off by local behaviours, thais can be quite forgiving of my own brash 'rudeness' (i.e. cutting in front of them when i'm in a hurry). i don't think they even see it as rude, and perhaps they just don't know what to think when it comes to farang behaviour anyway.

something that i've noticed more of lately is shop assistants just staring at me and saying 'WHAT!?' like i'm a moron when i ask a simple question. that's slightly annoying, but nothing too upsetting :)

something that i've noticed more of lately is shop assistants just staring at me and saying 'WHAT!?' like i'm a moron when i ask a simple question. that's slightly annoying, but nothing too upsetting :)

actually if i am not in a great mood that will be enough to illicit a turse response from me. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Asia is one big mess( the west is not far behind)

run by corrupt governments who teach their people not to think,ban information, promote disinformation use the patriotic card, religion , etc

therefore most people simple cannot be expected to have the same standards

although, i have sen extremely good and kind acts done by exactly those one would not expect it from

and sad to say , visa -versa