Thai Parliament Postpones Session Over Safety Fears

george

House meeting ended following squabbles between Democrat, Pheu Thai MPs

The House meeting Thursday was abruptly ended after Democrat and Pheu Thai MPs squabbled whether the opposition could submit an interpellation to question the government about the on-going red-shirt demonstration.

Pheu Thai MP Chaowarint Latthasaksiiri won the approval of then Deputy House Speaker Samart Kaewmeechai, a Pheu Thai MP, to submit the interpellation.

Democrat Party MPs cried foul, saying Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban had already submitted a letter to inform the House that the government could not explain the measures for dealing the protesters as the rallies were still going on.

After both sides hurled shouts against each other, Democrat MP Shane Thaugsuban rose up and rushed towards Chaowarin, but another Democrat MP stopped him and dragged him out of the assembly hall.

After the turmoil broke out, Samart ended the House meeting at 2 pm.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation Published on March 18, 2010

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/House...e-30124986.html

^ Peaua?!?

<re-branded TRT opposition>"Tell us all of your plans on how you'll deal with our protesters, even though it'll compromise national security, and help destabilize your government!"

<Suthep>"Um, how about no?"

<re-branded TRT opposition>"AArrrrgggg!!!" A flurry of insults follows pertaining to family history, hamsters, and elderberries.

<Suthep>"Have at you!" And so on...

-------------------------------

Sorry, Thai politics just seem a little silly at times. I guess that ASEAN agreement isn't getting signed. Oh well, it won't be the first time, and the rest of ASEAN knows what Abhisit has to put up with , and sympathizes with him, (except Hun Sen who is too far into Thaksin's pocket).

Democrat MP Shane Thaugsuban rose up and rushed towards Chaowarin, but another Democrat MP stopped him and dragged him out of the assembly hall.

sounds like a lot of action and tension today. will it be on youtube?

Shane Thaugsuban is that a brother of Suthep Thaugsuban? both come from the same Constituency district: Surat Thani

not to be confused with MP Thani Thaugsuban (here i know that he is a brother of Suthep, he won the by election last year in Surat Thani after his brother Suthep had to resign from his MP seat, because he got disqualified by Constitutional Court for having allegedly violated the charter)

Edited by mazeltov

^ Peaua?!?

<re-branded TRT opposition>"Tell us all of your plans on how you'll deal with our protesters, even though it'll compromise national security, and help destabilize your government!"

<Suthep>"Um, how about no?"

<re-branded TRT opposition>"AArrrrgggg!!!" A flurry of insults follows pertaining to family history, hamsters, and elderberries.

<Suthep>"Have at you!" And so on...

-------------------------------

Sorry, Thai politics just seem a little silly at times. I guess that ASEAN agreement isn't getting signed. Oh well, it won't be the first time, and the rest of ASEAN knows what Abhisit has to put up with , and sympathizes with him, (except Hun Sen who is too far into Thaksin's pocket).

If one considers the poliness in infimitesimal bits that most people must use

to get along in basic Thai life,. how can one explain the bilious words and taunts of PTP MPS.

Childish is not accurate, because any child that talked like them

would be beaten sensless by their own mother or grandmother.

These guys must be imported and never seen a day of Thai life

to be able to ignore proprieties so loudly.

Shane Thaugsuban is that a brother of Suthep Thaugsuban? both come from the same Constituency district: Surat Thani

I'm not sure, I figured it was another spelling mistake by the mighty reporting staff at the Nation! ;)

first i thought Shane and Thani is the same person, but they aren't.

can't really blame them for transliteration issues of thai names. but would be nice if they would at least stick to one kind spelling of a certain person and not using different variations now and then. sometimes they spell the same name in one article in various styles. the other english newspaper follows more some strict system and rules, The Nation is using often creativity.

look at all the party names that are only transliteration and not translation like for Phak Prachatipat aka Demcrats Party. how many ways you can spell TRT_3.0?

but it is not only The Nation at the mp.parliament.go.th Shane and Thanis family name are spelled the same in the Thai language version, but different in the English page.

i like how the state own news agency sometimes put the Thai spelling of a name in parentheses.