More Food Talk!

aussiechick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??? I thought there was a recent ASEAN agreement that was supposed to DECREASE all the costs of alcohol among member countries? Did I hallucinate that bit?

Is Guinness brewed within ASEAN? Anyways even if it is, the FTAs exclude alcohol imports into Thailand for unknown reason.

??? I thought there was a recent ASEAN agreement that was supposed to DECREASE all the costs of alcohol among member countries? Did I hallucinate that bit?

Is Guinness brewed within ASEAN? Anyways even if it is, the FTAs exclude alcohol imports into Thailand for unknown reason.

I believe and will probably be corrected that the Guiness here comes from their factory in Malaysia.

RabC, I thought so too.

I'm totally bummed now to know (for sure) that there won't be a price decrease on alcohol. And double-whammy - no cost break on drowning my sorrows!!

I don't so much mind the beer prices that much (just the dreadfully meager selection most places), but the wine and liquor prices are what I was looking forward to seeing drop.

The way it was explained to me the import duty was removed but instead they added an excise tax of 40%. In effect they're just taxing it in a different way in order to allow the Thai breweries virtually no competition.

right...sorry.I got a bit confused here...in fact the import duties will be removed, BUT the excise tax will be calculated as IF there was still import duties. Under the bottom line, the alcohol will get a bit cheaper (the duties are taken out) but the excise tax is still quite high compared to local brews. Hence, no leveled playing field.

let me say something from the moderation side of this forum.

It is certainly ok to discuss restaurants and talk about what food they have, were you happy with it etcetc.

What is over board is posting entire menus as in this thread (yeah...I let it slip, my fault, I should have deleted it out...) so please refrain from this in the future. Please also refrain from promoting your same restaurant/pub/bar again and again as this stirs sentiments with our sponsors as they believe that you have vested interests in this business. Our sponsors pay money to thaivisa.com to get their business promoted so they should enjoy a better treatment than a non-sponsor.

Hope this is clear now, further violations of the above will be sanctioned.

Thanks for your understanding

raro :)

let me say something from the moderation side of this forum.

It is certainly ok to discuss restaurants and talk about what food they have, were you happy with it etcetc.

What is over board is posting entire menus as in this thread (yeah...I let it slip, my fault, I should have deleted it out...) so please refrain from this in the future. Please also refrain from promoting your same restaurant/pub/bar again and again as this stirs sentiments with our sponsors as they believe that you have vested interests in this business. Our sponsors pay money to thaivisa.com to get their business promoted so they should enjoy a better treatment than a non-sponsor.

Hope this is clear now, further violations of the above will be sanctioned.

Thanks for your understanding

raro :D

Thanks for making the rules clear 'raro'.

That is helpful for all of us posters who used to enjoy reporting about food places in Pattaya.

Unfortunately the fellow who deletes food posts: Clue: (His tongue is stimulating 'Hilton's White Line' ) did not explain.

Thanks!

:)

Sorry - I didn't even think sbout the whole menu issue. I should have just said what I enjoyed and stated there were other choices. I do write up other places (when someone else is paying) but because budget wise Jamesons fits my bill for a change from Thai takeaways and definitely not for any other reason.

Now that I am aware of the rules I will make sure I don't break them!!

Thanks

AC

Sorry - I didn't even think sbout the whole menu issue. I should have just said what I enjoyed and stated there were other choices. I do write up other places (when someone else is paying) but because budget wise Jamesons fits my bill for a change from Thai takeaways and definitely not for any other reason.

Now that I am aware of the rules I will make sure I don't break them!!

Thanks

AC

We wont be able to talk about anything thats advertised on here,because the sponsors money pay for this site and a big profit too.Thats why there is so many rules that you just expect anything to be stopped without any surprise.

Never mind,dont think i have said anything for a ban but one never knows does one.

BTW

has anybody ever sat down and read all the rules of the forum and understood them.

We wont be able to talk about anything thats advertised on here,because the sponsors money pay for this site and a big profit too.Thats why there is so many rules that you just expect anything to be stopped without any surprise.

Never mind,dont think i have said anything for a ban but one never knows does one.

BTW

has anybody ever sat down and read all the rules of the forum and understood them.

Try to read my post again and think about your comment. And since most of our members are without warning our rules do not seem to be that much overdone as some members try to make others believe. Whether they read the rules or not, doesn't matter, some people are able to behave within them without even knowing them. Civilized behaviour comes to mind...

Well, to be fair, you can't argue with that price...nice enough bar if Irish replica bars are your thing..

Although, like Shenanigans, seems to attract a certain type of irritating "professional" expat who all seem to drive Toyota Fortuners and are generally full of crap...

I DO NOT drive a Toyota Fortuner!!!

why not -------------nice outdated lorry engine

Methinks these comments belong in the motoring forum, please keep it civil and stick to the topic.

Well, to be fair, you can't argue with that price...nice enough bar if Irish replica bars are your thing..

Although, like Shenanigans, seems to attract a certain type of irritating "professional" expat who all seem to drive Toyota Fortuners and are generally full of crap...

I DO NOT drive a Toyota Fortuner!!!

why not -------------nice outdated lorry engine

This isn't a really a restaurant, but a good coffee shop - Bake & Brew and it's on Soi Excite about halfway up (or down) on the opposite side of the disco. The coffee is really excellent and so are the cakes. It's not the usual Bon Cafe or Mokador beans either. Anyone who knows coffee will like this shop. It's owned by a Thai guy who really seems to care about his coffee and his customers. They have food, including breakfast as well but have not eaten there yet. Hope this post is ok.