Budget Family Guesthouses/hotels In Jomtien

Boo

The family (me, hubby & sprog, 3 years old) are planning a week in Pattaya 3rd week of April & need suggestions on cheap but clean & kid friendly places to stay.

Don't need much (basic is ok if clean & not in the middle of alot of noise) but close to local amenities. Up to 1,500baht a night but much cheaper would be better :D

Any helpful suggestions welcome please. :)

Eric,

Residence Garden is in South Pattaya. Do you mean Jomtien Boathouse Soi 9 Jomtien by chance? This is Ib Ottersons other hotel.

Anyway Jomtien Boathouse is an excellent choice. By memory 1,300 round the front with balcony. Hotel is right on road/beach. Balcony nice to sit out on if noisy but has two sets of double glazing so no noise in room after you shut the doors. 1,100 round the back no balcony very quiet.

Not basic actually quite nice. Caters to families/groups,couples mainly and is not a mongers joint if thats your worry.

Rates drop in April not sure when. You will get a better deal as a walk in if Ib is there and if you can take the risk with a child.

I really am off to Goa now...

OP, also check-out any of the View Talay condominiums in Jom Tien. In April, they are all in your price range and have nice pools for kids too.

Another condominium worth looking at is Jomtien Beach Condominium (also known as Rimhat Condominium) on Jomtien Beach Road, 2 pools, 2 gyms, Club house, well maintained, good 24 hour security, right by the beach.

Problem with the condominium option is that most are individually owned units and the owners may not be able to help with a bed for the "Sprog" but I suspect that most will be able to arrange something also they are not a hotel so you do not normally get daily maid service but again this could normally be arranged for an extra charge.

Also most if not all are high rise and and just the thought of a small child, a balcony and a lapse of concentration by the adult minding the child, scares me.

• 2 weeks later...