Thai Language School

winty

I go to bkk beginning of June and I am looking for the best deal with a school,preferably private lessons.i have read through the Best Thai Language School thread but not come to any conclusion..

what i am after is a school near mo chet or near,good value for money and friendly teachers.

does everyone recommend sorting the student visa before i go?or get to bkk,search for a school and then apply for visa?

google thailanguagesoulutions.com I am a student there. I have no vested interest, they do not advertise or post on this site. Skype them talk to Pormipon, they will go out of their way to serve you. Thew will cater yo you. You will learn to speak Thai rapidly.

I should also mention that they will get you a 6 month or a 12 month visa before you leave your home country. They will send you the paperwork to take to the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your home country, before you come.

You could take a 100 hour course for 2.5 months and have a 6 month visa. Depending what your plans are or if you want the benefits of being able to stay in Thailand for 6 months.....Or a year depending on the course you decide on.

ok thanks Colabamumbai,i will look at their website.

Paradigm Language Institute seems to offer good prices,but im not sure on what the school is like?but they currently offer private one year package for 59.999baht with a 5% discount as well.sounds good value.Anyone have recent experience with this school?

ok thanks Colabamumbai,i will look at their website.

Paradigm Language Institute seems to offer good prices,but im not sure on what the school is like?but they currently offer private one year package for 59.999baht with a 5% discount as well.sounds good value.Anyone have recent experience with this school?

Thai Language solutions is about 12,500 Bhat for 6 months and I think double that for a year, depending on the course. It may have gone up slightly this year. I am currently a student there. You cannot do better, you do not have to worry about sending them a money transfer for the course, they are honest. They have 2 locations both on the BTS and easy to get to in 20 minutes from any BTS station. Talk to them. They will give you references, what is better than that. You can email people who have taken the course. I highly recommend them. What more do you want? The personal service is excellent, I do not think that you will find the same dedicated people and service at another school for the same money. If I've told you once I've told you twice.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Paradigm is a good school as well, and while not in the MorChit area is easy to get to from there.

If I've told you once I've told you twice.

Colabamumbai; this poster said he wants a school near MorChit and also wants PRIVATE instruction. While I admire your 180 degree about face regarding your opinion of Thai Language Solutions; I believe your case is somewhat unique. Unless I am mistaken (which I doubt it as I've seen you in class at school several times); you benefit from private instruction as you are the only student in your "GROUP". There is NO guarantee that another enrollee would garner private lessons at the dirt cheap price you paid for your 'group lessons'.

While I don’t mean to cast aspersions; in reviewing your posting history, it would seem your knowledge of ANY thai language school's methodology and/or quality is quite scant indeed :D . In fact other than your experience with Thai Language Solutions (a school which I freely admit is quite a good school, albeit not with the blind adoration you believe it to be :D ) I see nothing which would lend any credence to you claims of their superiority over any of the plethora of thai language schools scattered in and about the greater Bangkok area. :)

BACK ON TOPIC:

To answer another of the O/P's questions concerning the E/D visa; You don't mention the country you are coming FROM, but send an email to either a Thai Honorary Consulate or Thai Embassy in your country to see what the requirements are to secure a Multi-Entry Non-Immigrant Type ED visa. That type would allow you to stay in thailand for periods of 90 days, and then you'd do a "border run" returning back to thailand and get an addition 90 days each time. This can actually give you about 15 months stay in thailand on that type of visa. The Multi-Entry Non-O Type ED visas are nearly impossible to get here in S/E Asia, which is why I recommend you try your home country first.

Good Luck; Oh BTW; as I've visited about 20+ schools, if you have any questions send me a P/M okay?

Tod

Edited by tod-daniels