Recovering Pass Word

drum

you forget your pass word,how do you recover it,, when you go to forgot pass word,,,fill in the box,,computer says new pass word will be sent to your in box,,,how can i read it,,when i don't know the pass word,,

Assumption. If the password is for your email account, then you should have set up a different mail account to receive such a message. Recently some of the web based services have insisted on a 'back-up' email account for just such a eventuality.

Regards

Assumption. If the password is for your email account, then you should have set up a different mail account to receive such a message. Recently some of the web based services have insisted on a 'back-up' email account for just such a eventuality.

Regards

yes email account,its an old account so i never set up a back up address,,

If the email service tells you that a recovery password has been sent to your secondary email address, then you probably specified one back then (Of course this depends how sophisticated the programming is, but my experience with the major email providers is that there recovery process is pretty complete).

If you do have another email account but no email shows up, check your SPAM filter there.

If another person helped you setup your email account maybe this person specified his/her email address.

welo

First buy a little black book to store important things in - then don't loose it.

Generally it take two major looses of important data/email/part written book etc. for people to make the effort to store data they consider important or learn how to back up their data.