kevbomac05

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ain't it vulgar to talk about money? :)

Yes it is, that is why I only agreed with the statement that it rarely enters into a decision about to buying something rather then list my month expenditures.

TH

Edited by thaihome

Ain't it vulgar to talk about money? :D

It is.... if you come from the UK....just not done old chap... :D

Our colonial cousins seem to have a differing opinion, based on my time there.

And in Thailand its mandatory to talk about how much you make and flaunt your wealth to the peasants... :)

My expenditure is 4000 Bhat for rent for the month. If your spending more than 30,000 bhat a month your a fool :D

and living in a 4,000 Baht shack makes you a wise man?

as i mentioned in another post... it's mostly the poor boys who can't afford a decent life style who bitch about and judge other people's expenses and in this case even use insults :)

No Doctor, living in a 4,000 baht shack makes him a po' boy. The high cost of low living.

i admire people who live a content and perhaps even a happy life on a rather low budget. what i don't like is if they become arrogant and insult others who live within their financial means but spend a multiple because they can afford it and last not least who are well aware that they can't take any of their dough to the crematorium or grave.

my comment also applies to the usual resident suspects who label anybody a troll or braggart if he claims he spends an amount which is well beyond their means or comprehension.

Ain't it vulgar to talk about money? :D

It is.... if you come from the UK....just not done old chap... :D

Our colonial cousins seem to have a differing opinion, based on my time there.

And in Thailand its mandatory to talk about how much you make and flaunt your wealth to the peasants... :)

Old money in America doesn't like to talk about money and people with money don't like talking to poor people about their money in specific terms - but new money loves to talk about money, particularly with peers.

North - Chiang mai, in the "suburbs" I guess you can call it, but I live on campus. So in a way it much cheaper for me then living in downtown area. But so isolated! lol

Per month

I try to keep it under 5k - includes girly things like clothes, make up, toiletry, "house hold" stuff, food for weekends, snacks, eating out/farang food weekend. School supply

Utility - 600

Does not include -

Dorm - 3.9k (7.8k for Summer term: Mid March - Mid May, ~2 months. Includes breakfast and dinner on weekday :) )

Classes - 8k a month

random visa stuff every couple months

Edited by Yunnie

single travelling tourist...from end of november for 3 months....

average 35-40 usd daily....around 10 usd daily for rented motorbike+petrol for it -didn't use any public transport except boats...

average night in guesthouse - 10 usd...sometimes more, sometimes less

rest for food and pretty often fun (massage,swimming pool) + unexpected costs...

been between bangkok and hat yai...combination 50/50 of touristic and thai places...

Well, we (wife and myself) live in Sukhumvit. Rent was 105,000/month until a year ago and now it's 125,000 a month (excluding electricity charges)

I really don't calculate this too often but it seems like we spend around 250 - 300,000 a month total.

do you really need to spend this much. dont you believe in the sharing of wealth :):D:D

you would feel better housing some homeless thais!`

• 4 weeks later...
I have a monthly income of 500.000THB. I have 5 Bedroom and 3 Bathroom Park view Penthouse where i do live with 3 of the most beautiful Nana Girls all year long in a 5m x 5m waterbed. I also have a 3.000cm FullHD TV hooked up on a 18.1 Souround Sound and the new Playstation 5000.

.....shit, i just woken up in my cockroached apartment. I guess a Nana Girl had me drugged yesterday with Xana.

Folks, it really doesn't matter how much money you have and where you come from. Just be a good buddy to your friends and family.

Hi Lammbock....... Ha, ha. Your post just gave me a short sharp lesson, that lesson, to read the whole post before reacting! I nearly made a complete ass of myself…….Again. Nice one.

I wouldne hang around guys who spend less than 300,000 baht a day,and anyone who buys beer less than 300 baht a bottle is a balloon chaser,and anybody who doesnt eat farang food at 500 baht for a sunday roast is a cheap charlie.

lLONG LIVE THE RICH BANGKOKONIANS

Well, we (wife and myself) live in Sukhumvit. Rent was 105,000/month until a year ago and now it's 125,000 a month (excluding electricity charges)

I really don't calculate this too often but it seems like we spend around 250 - 300,000 a month total.

do you really need to spend this much. dont you believe in the sharing of wealth :):D:D

you would feel better housing some homeless thais!`

No........I don't think he would feel better, but I bet you would!

Just an observation, why is it that so many people who advocate wealth distribution don't have any money…….Strange that! Another thing, you know for a fact that “BKKMD” doesn’t give money to the worthy.........Right? Don't hate the player, hate the game.

i get 14,000 baht per month. i have to survive with that, i have no safety net. more than half of it goes on rent and utilities.

am i happy with my life? nope.

but it could be a lot worse....

whats yer story. go back home and make yourself happy!

I wouldne hang around guys who spend less than 300,000 baht a day,and anyone who buys beer less than 300 baht a bottle is a balloon chaser,and anybody who doesnt eat farang food at 500 baht for a sunday roast is a cheap charlie.

Sunday Roast?!?... Did you never hear about Sunday Champagne Brunch!?! :)

Sunday Roast?!?... Did you never hear about Sunday Champagne Brunch!?! :)

Prefer sunday lunch and i hate champagne,dont want people to know how wealthy i am

[snip] Entertainment, [snip] drinking out will add at least 15-20k to that

Cheers!

I think this is what you really mean :D

emphasis on the at least :)

Sunday Roast?!?... Did you never hear about Sunday Champagne Brunch!?! :D

quite a deal @ sheraton- issan.....for 500 baht for sunday brunch :):D:D

Although there have been dozens (hundreds?) of these threads on thaivisa, it's still a valid question for newbies to ask. However, there is no definitive answer unless you first know the OP's life style. It can vary from a person like Namm (who seems to have a lot of money) to a backpacker willing to share a room with 3 others.

And, it all depends on WHERE the person wants to reside... and for how long.

Simply put, it can be very inexpensive to live in Thailand if you want to live like a Thai farmer. Entertainment can vary from buying a few beer at the local 7-11 to staying in some 5 star hotel and dining at only fancy restaurants.

You can only sit on one chair at a time and sleep in one bed at a time. Everything else is extraneous. It all depends on how you want to occupy your time. If you have a family then it adds a whole new dimension to the equasion.

I'm single and stay in a Thai hotel outside the main city of Chiang Mai. My monthly rent is under 4000 baht. I can eat a good meal in a Thai cafe for 40 baht. I have a small fridge and stock it with fruit, drinks, bread, cheese and ham. That cuts down on my food bill considerably. I have no need to cook or heat anything, but if I did I could easily put a small cooker on the small balcony. I could buy a coffee maker if I needed to and give it away when I left, but it's easier just to walk down the street for a hot drink.

For transportation I bought my own motorcycle and I leave it with friends when I'm gone.

If I was married it would be a completely different story and I'd have to rent a house or apartment. I know of some houses in Chiang Mai that rent for about 10,000 to 12,000 baht a month, with utility costs on top of that.

My only REAL expense is my entertainment. I have lots of lady friends and I like to take trips around Thailand. That costs money, but I still stay well under my 60,000 baht budget. I don't lack for companionship and it's certainly cheaper than being married.

Certainly I could spend more, but I wouldn't be any happier or have a greater life. I'm fortunate that I am a writer and an artist so I can occupy my time wherever I am and it doesn't cost any money for my interests. In fact I can live off what I write or paint if I choose to do so.

I have some very wealthy friends but none are as happy and free as I am.

My only difference in regards to this topic is I don't HAVE to live in Thailand for the full year. I spend 5 months of the winter in Thailand and the other 7 months back in Canada. My two separate life styles are completely different other than I'm writing and painting wherever I am. I have many lady friends in Canada, but they are all platonic relationships... and they don't cost me any money. In actuality I've got the best of both worlds.

More importantly is to enjoy yourself on what your budget allows. If not change jobs or add another.

I do not live in Thailand so I can not give you my cost. My wife was a nurse in north central and lived off approximately 20,000 baht a month.

There has been hundreds of these threads and it always turns into a bitching contest of how much richer people ar nd how the <deleted> could some poor peasant live on a mere 200,000 bht, just spend what you think is right and dont worry what the Jones's next door are doing.

wow 125,000 for rent

that is ridiculous

:):D Only if you don't have it. :D