UNmute your life story while you still can…

CharlieH

UNmute your life story while you still can…

You don't have to be called Michael Jackson, Steve Jobs or an American president to have your own BioPic. Dutch-Brazilian documentary maker and film biographer Ernst Daniel Nijboer has chosen Thailand for the introduction of his latest concept… BioPic4Ever.

Surf.radio’s Leigh Higgins did a recent LIVE interview with Daniel, explaining this concept in an easy way. Here it is, courtesy of ASEAN NOW media partner Surf.radio:

The biographical portraits contain life stories or careers in a video or manuscript. As a successful bio-videographer, the former journalist made biopics for celebrities, music bands, and entrepreneurs in Europe and North and South America. We have been familiar with biographies in book form for some time, but until now bio-films were only reserved for famous artists or politicians.

The unique and original formula of the BioPic4Life and the BioBizzPic now makes it accessible to everyone. Because every person is unique and has a life story that will prove valuable for posterity. “Customers approach me for different reasons”, says Ernst Daniel. “A BioPic4Life for Comfort, or a BioBizzPic for Pride. For example, the trend where children give their parents a BioPic4Life as a thank you for the life they have given. The most personal and valuable gift you can imagine, and which will be cherished by posterity and future generations for many years to come”.

The BioBizzPic summarizes fond memories and highlights of a past career. As an original farewell gift as a crowning achievement for the retiring director or CEO. In addition to various interviews with the main character, there are also conversations with family members, friends or loved ones with memories, often an eye-opener for the person in question.

“A BioPic4Ever is like an obituary that has already been approved in advance. It’s an investment in memories so it may never fade into oblivion”, concludes Nijboer.

For more information, contact: [email protected]

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

The OP mentions customers approaching for BioPic4Life for comfort or BioBizzPic for pride. Could you share more insights into the motivations or specific occasions that prompt individuals to seek out these biographical portraits?

I wrote down my life story once, I am thinking more about perhaps capturing it on video

How long does the process usually take ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Cobra said:

The OP mentions customers approaching for BioPic4Life for comfort or BioBizzPic for pride. Could you share more insights into the motivations or specific occasions that prompt individuals to seek out these biographical portraits?

I wrote down my life story once, I am thinking more about perhaps capturing it on video

Hello Cobra. Thanks for your response.
I will give you 3 examples of people who would like to have a BioPic4Ever captured on film by a videographer for different reasons.

The BioPic4Life:
When Annabelle (43) is told that she only has a few months left to live, I am approached by her sister. Annabelle is the mother of two young children and in the prime of her life. She is determined, while she is still clear and presentable, to have her life story recorded for her children's children in order to be remembered for posterity.
A week before she passed away, she was able to see the results of her own BioPic4Life with her intense approval.
I recently received a thank-you message from one of her grandchildren saying how much comfort and memory they have of the priceless video and still cherish it to this day.

BioBizzPic
When CEO Peter announces his retirement after many years of service, his secretary panics. The farewell gift must be original and personal. Something he will look back on with pride for years to come in a rich and successful career. On behalf of the staff, he was given a BioBizzPic voucher with which he could have his life and career account drawn up.

The BioFamilyPic is a gift to the founder of the multi-generational family business. It shows the timeline with the rich history of highlights and cherished memories.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, The Cobra said:

Thanks for your reaction, Cobra.

I will give you some examples of BioPics I did for clients with various motivations;

The BioPic4Life...

When Annabelle heard she had only 6 months to live, she was determined to have her life story captured on video while she was still bright and representative. Her wish was to be remembered the way she was for the children of her children. Two months before she passed away, she could see the results of her BioPic4Life and approve. Years later I received a message from one of her grandchildren how happy they were with this precious memory and consolation.

When CEO Peter announced his retirement, his personal assistent panicked about the idea what to give him for a goodbye gift. It should be something original and personal that he would cherish for the years to come. On behalf of the staff she 

• Thanks 1

I had the same idea 15 years ago, but only a book would survive changes in technology. A video in any format will be unreadable in 10 years as new formats enter the arena constantly.

Storing that info online for eternity would be much to costly.

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 8:12 PM, CharlieH said:

Because every person is unique and has a life story that will prove valuable for posterity.

So not true. Let's correct that:

every person thinks they are unique and believes they have a life story that will prove valuable for posterity.

• Agree 2

Surf.radio’s Leigh Higgins did a recent LIVE interview with Daniel, explaining this Biopic concept in an easy way. Here it is, courtesy of ASEAN NOW media partner Surf.radio:

On 2/1/2024 at 7:42 AM, PeterA said:

I had the same idea 15 years ago, but only a book would survive changes in technology. A video in any format will be unreadable in 10 years as new formats enter the arena constantly.

Storing that info online for eternity would be much to costly.

6 to 12 months after death almost nobody cares anymore or only remembers the really good or bad stuff. I would never watch a biovideo.

36 minutes ago, uttradit said:

6 to 12 months after death almost nobody cares anymore or only remembers the really good or bad stuff. I would never watch a biovideo.

Listen to the Surf.radio interview above and you get the Idea!

A friend with a Dutch father told me that n the Netherlands, there is often a little transparent compartment in a gravestone containing an object that symbolises the deceased's life.

(She said he used to joke that his would be a boat - he was a captain - but her mum's would be a Hoover).

• Like 1

I can't remember if I read it or heard it in an interview many years ago but wherever it was, the theme was that everyone has a book in them but just don't know how to put it into words. Completely agree with this as I've led such a varied life both as a civilian and in the military that I reckon there's a book there. Would I know how to put it into words, no! That's why people have ghost writers who get all the information out of them. 

On 2/10/2024 at 5:33 PM, bluemoon58 said:

I can't remember if I read it or heard it in an interview many years ago but wherever it was, the theme was that everyone has a book in them but just don't know how to put it into words. Completely agree with this as I've led such a varied life both as a civilian and in the military that I reckon there's a book there. Would I know how to put it into words, no! That's why people have ghost writers who get all the information out of them. 

That's right, Bluemoon, thank you for your comment and contribution on this. BioPic4Ever is a writer and film collective of specialized ghostwriters and produce BioPics for clients for various reasons.