Maid/housekeeper For 2 Days A Week

PTYfan

Hi,

im looking for a maid/housekeeper that comes to my house in bangkok 2 days a week to clean all rooms, iron my clothes and do all those 'wife' tasks.

Where can i find a service like this and whats a fair price?

I'd ask maintenance people in your building or the manager. One maintenance man came to me wanting me to hire his wife, which I did. Two days a week, all the stuff you mentioned. Asked for 800 baht per week, although we give a little bonus each week. She is excellent and completely honest. Also fully booked...sorry.

I kind of feel like I shouldn't help you after the "wife task" comment. :) Kidding. But those aren't actually wife jobs, they're household chores and lots of guys do them! :D

I agree about asking around in your area first. If you live in an apartment, you could ask your neighbors or the manager/office workers. That's how I got my maid. You said "my house," so maybe you don't live in an apartment. In that case, you could still ask your neighbors, a local motorcycle/taxi driver, or someone who works on your street. My maid was referred by the condo manager, was married to a motorcycle driver who worked my soi, and lived down the street. I thought that was excellent because she was very reliable since she lived down the street and didn't have to commute. I felt that I could trust her because not only did she seem like a good person, but her reputation in the neighborhood would be affected if she stole anything, etc. An added bonus was that when I locked myself out of my apartment late one night, I could call her to bring my spare set of keys since she was so close!

Wow you Bkk guys live the life do'nt you? In CM I get all the aforementioned services two days a week for 400bht and of course my Thai friends say I pay to much. :D Ca'nt do nuttin with money Huh? :)

If I thought that $2 USD per hour was unfair to me or the maid, I'd pay more or less, depending. In actuality, with the "bonus" I give her, I'm actually paying her about $3.90 USD/hour. In terms of normal Bkk wages for such, it's too much. But:

1. I can afford to improve someone's life

2. I appreciate her hard work

3. I appreciate her honesty

4. I prefer the extras she provides...and I mean running small errands, and such, that are not really part of the job

5. I appreciate the money she saves me when she runs some of the errands

Wow you Bkk guys live the life do'nt you? In CM I get all the aforementioned services two days a week for 400bht and of course my Thai friends say I pay to much. :D Ca'nt do nuttin with money Huh? :)

If I thought that $2 USD per hour was unfair to me or the maid, I'd pay more or less, depending. In actuality, with the "bonus" I give her, I'm actually paying her about $3.90 USD/hour. In terms of normal Bkk wages for such, it's too much. But:

1. I can afford to improve someone's life

2. I appreciate her hard work

3. I appreciate her honesty

4. I prefer the extras she provides...and I mean running small errands, and such, that are not really part of the job

5. I appreciate the money she saves me when she runs some of the errands

:D