New Highway Out Of Pattaya.

OZEMADE

Today I discovered that in fact here is a Nongprue exit when going direction Bangkok,only we stupid farangs are not aware of it.However when I drove to Bangkok this morning I saw the car in front of me taking the exit.

:)

that were my first thoughts when I saw that exit on my first drive...some dork will do it and exit the highway the wrong way... :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I discovered that in fact here is a Nongprue exit when going direction Bangkok,only we stupid farangs are not aware of it.However when I drove to Bangkok this morning I saw the car in front of me taking the exit.

:)

that were my first thoughts when I saw that exit on my first drive...some dork will do it and exit the highway the wrong way... :D

It saves you 6 traffiglighs a 5 minutes each one, so it's a half hour. Can go from central pattaya to airport in 30 minutes now (nighttime).

Might have been answered already but I couldn't see it so I'll show my ignorance anyway! Can you get on and off this new road using the roads running parallel to the rail tracks or is it still necessary to endure the Sukhumvit with all it's lights? I live East of Suki near UnderWaterworld so using the railway roads would be far better for me rather than enduring lights at Thepprasit, Tai, Klang and Country Club to get to it. (20 minutes worth of lights on a bad day!)

Might have been answered already but I couldn't see it so I'll show my ignorance anyway! Can you get on and off this new road using the roads running parallel to the rail tracks or is it still necessary to endure the Sukhumvit with all it's lights? I live East of Suki near UnderWaterworld so using the railway roads would be far better for me rather than enduring lights at Thepprasit, Tai, Klang and Country Club to get to it. (20 minutes worth of lights on a bad day!)

Yes you can!

Keep driving North bound on those new roads, you will pass Pattaya railway station, then you'll drive under the new highway bridge, about 300 meters past the highway you can make a u-turn, backtrack Southbound again a few hundred meters and then get straight on towards Bkk.

Yes you can!

Keep driving North bound on those new roads, you will pass Pattaya railway station, then you'll drive under the new highway bridge, about 300 meters past the highway you can make a u-turn, backtrack Southbound again a few hundred meters and then get straight on towards Bkk.

That's great, thanks. Can I take that to mean that on the way back from Bkk there is a junction to let you join the Railway roads southbound. Sounds easy and logical enough but TiT so probably worth clarifying!

Yes you can!

That's great, thanks. Can I take that to mean that on the way back from Bkk there is a junction to let you join the Railway roads southbound. Sounds easy and logical enough but TiT so probably worth clarifying!

Yes indeed. Marked with a sign saying "Sattahip"

My driver had to bring somebody into town today. I have a GPS tracker in the minivan, so can easy see road used and timing.

From my place (Mabprachan, on the road between the lake and the 36 highway) onto the new highway and into town.

Took 11 minutes flat to where Foodland is. Then traffic, so another 9 minutes to Tops supermarket.

Dropped of customer, second road at Tops, then to North Pattaya road, onto Sukhumvit and on the new highway, in the resort exactly 36 minutes after leaving, and that was with 10 minutes of slow going at the Carrefour and 3th road traffic lights on central Pattaya.

Admittedly, the driver had a green at the Soi Siam country club traffic lights and central road traffic lights. Then 2 reds on central road, green at second road/central road (Tops) followed by North Pattaya with again two greens followed by a red at the North Pattaya/Sukhumvit junction.

So 3 reds and 5 greens out of 8 traffic lights, with relatively light traffic for a Friday afternoon.

Before it would take him 35 minutes in the afternoon to reach Foodland.

Driving home last night at 2:30 am from Nakluea, I got on the highway on Sukhumvit and got off at the "Basjke exit". If you take a wide sweep from the right lane, no need for reverse :)

Driving home last night at 2:30 am from Nakluea, I got on the highway on Sukhumvit and got off at the "Basjke exit". If you take a wide sweep from the right lane, no need for reverse :)

Ohh that was you was it that caused that big pile up was it :D

Henceforth this exit shall now be known as the "Basjke exit" Maybe we could get a big motorway sign made for it as well :D

Ohh that was you was it that caused that big pile up was it :D

Henceforth this exit shall now be known as the "Basjke exit" Maybe we could get a big motorway sign made for it as well :D

A statue would be nice also :D

Driving home last night at 2:30 am from Nakluea, I got on the highway on Sukhumvit and got off at the "Basjke exit". If you take a wide sweep from the right lane, no need for reverse :whistling:

accident waiting to happen (plus probably maiming others in the process).

Anyway doing that will get you off the forum--can't post from heaven (or hel_l).

Maybe they'll need a permanant 'Boriboon' vehicle stationed there

Well I'm happy to report that this new road is a great improvement even for us 'darksiders' !!

Went to Villa this morning (9 am) via SCC, only to find it closed off at railway line again, so had to go down the railway road, Soi Motorcycle (Nermpabwan) rammed busy, Soi Kow Noi rammed busy (starting to get annoyed by this time!) ended up on Kowtalo before things were moving.

Anyway, finished in Villa, decided to go home via the new road, partly to check it out and also because SCC was closed.

The end result from Villa to my house (close to Magnolia's) almost exactly 20 minutes, that includes driving out of the Avenue car park!

Lots further in kilos, but heaps faster and IMO a lot less stressful.

And yes I did go to the HW36 junction and then down through Pong Village.

The Basjke exit becomes more and more popular it seems. Went back home from shopping, saw two cars taking the the exit so I thought I make it the third to leave there. Saves me in average 6:35 minutes, which I consider a 3.476 % improvement in quality of life.

Those entering the highway direction Bangkok at this spot, watch out for oncoming traffic :)

• 2 months later...

The Basjke exit becomes more and more popular it seems. Went back home from shopping, saw two cars taking the the exit so I thought I make it the third to leave there. Saves me in average 6:35 minutes, which I consider a 3.476 % improvement in quality of life.

Those entering the highway direction Bangkok at this spot, watch out for oncoming traffic :)

Do not get in my way pleae - I usually get on there .....

Can anyone tell me why the exit from the new highway on to Sukumvit north is not open and operational? Seems the lights are in place for traffic control.

Probably because they very well realize that activating the traffic lights would create a massive traffic snarl due to lack of proper timing. An art not yet mastered in Thailand!

There are tens of traffic light sets inoperable in Pattaya because the only thing they do is create massive traffic jams. All the junctions on the bypass road (the road parallel with the railway) are a prime example...

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that the Basjke exit will be closed from now on.Today police took post just off the highway where they could view everyone who used the entrance as an exit and stopped them when they passed.They where there around 4 PM and when I passed there around 7 PM they were still present and stopping cars.

I even heard a rumour that a prominent member of this forum get caught redhanded.Ra ra ra who could that be :D

I just noticed that the Basjke exit will be closed from now on.Today police took post just off the highway where they could view everyone who used the entrance as an exit and stopped them when they passed.They where there around 4 PM and when I passed there around 7 PM they were still present and stopping cars.

I even heard a rumour that a prominent member of this forum get caught redhanded.Ra ra ra who could that be :D

been drinking at Monty's today, eh? :whistling: