Who Offers The Cheapest Rates To Call The Uk?

GuyDow

I've got an old pre-paid phone which still has quite a lot of credit on it. I want to make some calls to the UK. Does anyone know which telecom service is offering the best rates at the moment?

I know I could research it on the web but I'm being lazy in the hope someone had already done this recently.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

I haven't called the U.S. for five years since moving to Thailand, making all my "phone calls" on Skype. http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/callra...-united-kingdom Computer to computer calls are all free. If I call a landline it's about 2 cents a minute but if I used it more I could get a monthly rate for even lower cost "phone calls." All one needs is a computer and a microphone to plug into the computer (I like the combination headset microphones I get at tuc com) although I had a laptop before this one with an internal microphone that worked extremely well. Almost all the time the audio quality of Skype is far superior to that of a cell phone and I'd rate it equal to a landline. Skype also has video capability if one has need of that. I could sit here in my Pattaya condo chatting with a friend of mine in the U.S. and see him full screen on my laptop with great clarity. All movements were smooth and natural (unlike what I had seen before with Yahoo Messenger for example). Skype is a very serious tool that I use to call my bank, my C.P.A. and those I do business with.

Edited by jackcorbett