Where Can I Stay In Pattaya For 500b A Night Not Too Far From Walking Streey But Quietish?

kish

Hi guys,

Looking to get out of bangkok for the weekend as there are more red shirt things going on. want to stay not too far from the craziness of walking street but want somewhere that isnt gonna be really noisy all night. Ideally somewhere with a/c fridge comfy bed tv/dvd. Am I asking too much or is this doable? I also dont want to be having to pay extra to take a bird back to my room as i know some places charge??

My mate surgested soi buakhao or soi diana? but i dont know pattaya and would like to know some names of places so i can just go straight there rather than walking around for ages trying to find something.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks...

Edited by kish

On Pattaya 2nd Road on the same side as Villa Market and 'The Avenue' just past 'Tim's' Bar there are rooms available for 200 baht per night.

You can't miss the giant blackboard with a massive 200 baht sigh as you walk along the pavement coming from the 'Avenue.'

Hi Kish,

May I recommend DC Hill? It's a quick & easy sorng thaew ride from Walking Street but in a very quiet neighborhood. Has all the amenities you requested except the dvd player, but each room has a balcony and free internet. Brand new, very clean, each unit has a flat screen tv & cable, too. I believe their going rate right now is B600/night but if you're staying a longer period of time they would give you a better rate. I don't know if they charge a fee for bringing girls back as I have never done that, but you can ask them about it. :)

Google 'DC Hill Pattaya' to find their website and contact info. Site comes up in Thai first but there is a button to change to English.

Kind regards,

WaatWang

Just go out and tell the Bird you pull from wherever that you have nowhere to stay. She will bring you to her room. If you are lucky she has several friends staying with her. That could be an interesting night for you....

Cheapest Place I know is Tonys Hotel (dont know if thats the real name, but its newish and ownd by Fitness Tony) at 3. Road, going from Pattaya Tai towards Thappraya Rd. 390 Baht. Look that you get a Room going to the backside (frontside is 3. Rd. witch can be busy with traffic, Muay Thai and shootings)

Edited by CHdiver

Just go out and tell the Bird you pull from wherever that you have nowhere to stay. She will bring you to her room. If you are lucky she has several friends staying with her. That could be an interesting night for you....

Cheapest Place I know is Tonys Hotel (dont know if thats the real name, but its newish and ownd by Fitness Tony) at 3. Road, going from Pattaya Tai towards Thappraya Rd. 390 Baht. Look that you get a Room going to the backside (frontside is 3. Rd. witch can be busy with traffic, Muay Thai and shootings)

(and suspicious bread roll chokings/suicides/whackings in adjacent rooms?)

I believe the Apex Hotel on second road have rooms for 500 baht a night and don't charge xtra for a guest!

:):D

Cheap rooms in the old block were 550 a night Cranky old air con units, or 650 in the new rooms last year

also No charge for extra guests but they must leave their ID card at the desk.

Colino

Have a look in Soi White Rose, which runs between Soi Pratumnak and Walking Street. There are several hotels along there which used to be around the 500-600 Baht/night level. Clean, safe and quiet, but they are busy, so a walk-in may not be possible. A friend used to stay in the Top Thai hotel whenever he visited, and he was quite happy with it for 500 Baht/night. These places are all guest-friendly. You could also try the eponymous White Rose hotels.

As you say you don't know Pattaya very well, the entrance to Soi White Rose (and it's really a moo, not a soi) is opposite the (relatively expensive) Beverley Plaza hotel on Soi Pratumnak. If you're not sure which road that is, it's the road that runs parallel to Walking Street from the South Pattaya Road/Second Road junction heading south to Jomtien and Pratumnak.

Edited by Guderian

i think soi sakaew

the equivalent of soi 9 just north of soi 10 soi honey off of 2nd road

is a hidden gem with some good room options

very close to the beach and the new central festival and a quick ride to walking street

soi honey and soi lenkee had bargains when i looked 2 years ago

I have recently stayed in Canterbury Tales Cafe Guest house and Bookshop just off soi Baokow.

They have clean rooms, mine was a big room with a bedroom and separate lounge, large TV & DVD player, push button electric safe, nice shower/toilet, electric kettle and free coffee/tea, A/C and 2 ceiling fans which was good as I dont like to use Air con.

A comfy sofa and a leather recliner, some free books as I am an avid reader a great bookshop and book exchange so many books it was a job to decide, The room was as big as my condo about 40square meters plus a balcony which was great in the daytime for people watching.

Also Free wifi, the English breakfast was good at 90 baht and every day a a lot of regulars who seemed to know just about everything about Pattaya so a must for newbies.

I booked on their website easy to Google and have another booking in July if anyone fancies a beer.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You don't wanna stay in 200thb rooms on second road! I second soi white rose next to walking street, several hotels that have cheap rooms, stayed in Top Thai Hotel for 2 months myself.

Apex Hotel is more expensive nowadays but there's Emery House for 450thb a night. Big rooms next to the crossing between Soi Bukhao and Soi Diana.