Thailand; Visa Requirements To Go Back.

Hi there all.

I just returned from a trip to Thailand. I am South African (38years old) and citizens from my country can get a visa on entry. I came back two weeks ago and have now found out that I have to back. Are there any requirements that stipulate that 90 days (or whatever period) have to pass before I can return on a 30 day free tourist visa like in some other countries? I'm scouring the net but I cannot find that info The embassy's here website ain't much help and getting through on the phone is near impossible.

Yes; I have woman troubles there :-)

Edited by Valdezugar

Believe that you actually entered the Kingdom on visa exempt entry. 30 day stamp from immigration at the airport on arrival (not a visa). There are no travel restrictions and you can come and go as many times as you like. Not sure on your proposed length of stay, but be aware that your airline may refuse you boarding if you do not hold an air ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival or a visa to meet Thai immigration requirements.

Thanks for your reply.

Yea, that's right. A 30 day entry stamp/exempt entry. Where can I get the Thai immigration requirements? Would I need to apply for an immigration visa then? I might just decide to stay - what are job prospects like over there? I hold a few professional management degrees and diplomas and I have some good experience. I've googled some sites but it's a jungle out there haha!

I'm only going back for about 10 days but I wouldn't want to be blocked when I get there or refused entry because I don't comply with requirements. It's a long haul there and back.

(Apologies if I'm asking too many questions. Got my butt in a sling and a bug bite on both cheeks.) :-)

Thanks

Val

For 10 days stay you will not have a problem so long as you have an onward ticket from Thailand.

Have a look at the Pretoria embassy website here for more information on visas. It would appear that a double entry tourist visa is available which, with extensions and a border run in the middle, would offer nearly 6 months stay. If you were to find work you would then need to obtain a Non-Immigrant B visa and work permit. You cannot work on a tourist visa.