Motor Show 2010 To Kick Off Today

webfact

Success in the air ahead of Bangkok International Motor Show

BANGKOK: -- With automobile sales rebounding significantly in recent months, automobile companies are hoping their participation at the annual Bangkok International Motor Show will turn out to be a great success.

This will be a totally different scenario from last year, when auto sales in the first two months plunged on the global recession and rumours of an auto excise-duty adjustment stalled consumers from making purchases. Nevertheless, last year's show was a lifesaver, helping the auto market recover, with 18,000 orders placed.

This year, apart from fresh new models like the Nissan March, the Ford Fiesta and the Mazda2, auto companies are also updating their current product line-up, in order to attract customers.

Toyota will launch the facelifted version of the Vios, while Mitsubishi will concentrate on its Lancer EX.

On the premium side, Mercedes-Benz will highlight the 570-hp SLS AMG Gullwing sports car, while BMW will launch the X1 compact recreational vehicle. Swedish auto-maker Volvo will introduce the facelifted version of the C30 hatchback.

Visitors will also get to check out three concept vehicles: the Toyota RiN, the Lexus LF-Ch and the Suzuki Kizashi Special Edition.

With auto sales shooting up more than 50 per cent in the first two months of this year, as many as 20,000 orders could be placed for new vehicles at the show, which officially starts today and runs until April 6.

"Most of the growth will come from Nissan's eco-car and other small and fuel-efficient models," organiser Prachin Eamlumnow said yesterday.

Mazda has already sold more than 5,000 Mazda2 subcompacts, while Nissan has more than 3,000 bookings for its March eco-car, which was launched earlier this month.

Although the Thai automobile market fell more than 10 per cent last year, with combined sales of 548,871 units, most of the damage took place in the 1-tonne pickup segment, which fell 17.5 per cent. The passenger-car market, on the other hand, enjoyed 1.4- per cent growth, thanks to the increased popularity of small and fuel-efficient cars.

Auto sales are expected to grow despite the ongoing political turmoil, thanks to the government's stimulus programmes and favourable crop prices.

"This growth has been present since the fourth quarter and reflects the improving economy and increased exports, along with the government's stimulus program, which has produced positive results," said Toyota Motor Thailand senior vice president Vudhigorn Suriyachantananont.

"Although the political rallies may affect consumer confidence and are a factor that puts pressure on the auto market, the introduction of new models along with the special promotions and offers at the show will help boost growth in the auto sector."

Prachin expects 1.8 million visitors generating Bt50 billion at this year's event.

Virtually each auto company participating in the show will offer special sales promotions.

Toyota, the Kingdom's largest auto company, will not have a completely new product this year but is still expected to be the biggest seller at the show, thanks to attractive promotions.

Corolla Altis buyers - except those buying the compressed-natural-gas model (CNG) - will receive free first-class insurance or a Bt14,000 gift voucher, while buyers of Vios, Yaris and Hilux Vigo pickups (except smart- and double-cab models) will receive free insurance or a Bt12,000 gift voucher.

German auto-maker BMW will offer trade-in value boosts ranging from Bt350,000 to Bt400,000 on various models, plus free iPod Nano or iPhone 3G devices.

Chevrolet will also offer a trade-in promotion, with a Bt30,000 increase on red-book prices when purchasing a Captiva sport-utility vehicle, plus insurance. Optra and Optra CNG buyers will receive Bt20,000 bonuses and Colorado-pickup buyers Bt15,000.

Meanwhile, Volvo will break away from the crowd with a four-day, three-night package tour at the Kirimaya Khao Yai Resort, or a one-year car-wash/polish package.

Mazda will offer a "Mazda Prime Time" promotion, designed to make it easier for customers to own a Mazda. Mazda2 sports sedan and Mazda2 hatchback buyers will receive free first-class insurance, while BT-50 buyers will receive special interest rates starting at 1.79 per cent, plus first-class insurance.

Buyers of the Mazda3, which is capable of running on E20 gasohol, will enjoy new reduced pricing of Bt755,000 and 2.19-per-cent interest. For the MX-5 roadster, customers will receive a five-year/140,000-kilometre warranty and three years'/100,000 kilometres' free maintenance, plus first-class insurance.

Ford's campaign offers 20 per cent down for the Focus E20 with 1.99-per-cent interest for 48 months plus insurance. The promotion for the Ranger pickup will be 25 per cent down, 1.99-per-cent interest for 48 months plus insurance, while for the Everest and Escape, interest will be 2.99 per cent.

Mitsubishi will offer 1.68-per-cent interest for the Lancer, Lancer EX, Pajero Sport and Space Wagon, along with free insurance. The interest will be lower, at 0.99 per cent, for the Triton pickup. This is the lowest rate that will be offered at the show this year. Triton buyers will also receive free insurance and 24-hour emergency service.

Nissan will also offer low interest of 1.99 per cent (20 per cent down) for 48 months, while Proton will offer the Savvy at zero interest for five years.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-26

footer_n.gif[/newsfooter]

Motor Show 2010 to Kick off Today

BANGKOK: -- The 31st Bangkok International Motor Show starts and the organizer expects the sales of cars and motorcycles to top 20,000 units, with 45 billion baht expected to circulate throughout the event.

Prachin Iamlamnow, executive director of Grand Prix International, organizer of the Bangkok International Motor Show 2010, believes political tension will not hurt trade activities at the event, which starts today since people are quite familiar with the situation.

He also expressed confidence that the political tension will have no impact on the overall automotive business, in which this year's sales target has been set at 620,000 vehicles, representing around 17 to 18 percent year-on-year growth.

Prachin expected that an average of 20,000 vehicles will be booked at the fair, a 20 percent increase from last year's show, in which 18,000 automobiles were sold.

Prachin went on to say that the event this year will be held under the theme “Ecology Driving Save the Earth”, which emphasizes technological innovations, especially in the area of energy conservation and environment protection.

The highlights of the show will be the launch of Nissan's first eco-car in Thailand and Mercedes Benz SLS AMG.

The 31st Bangkok International Motor Show will be held at the Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Center, or BITEC, between March 26 and April 6, with 45 billion baht expected to circulate throughout the 12-day event.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-03-26

[newsfooter]

Hi!

I just want to paste some info on how to go there if you dont go by car.

Here is info on the Shuttles to BITECH that i found on another website:

Organizers encourage visitors to attend the show via public transport. This year, the show's free shuttle bus service will be located in 3 areas: BITEC-On nut and vice versa, BITEC-Central City Bangna and vice versa, BITEC-Seacon Square and vice versa.

Source:http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/id/1418/

I have no idea if there is a time schedule or if the shuttles just go back and forth all the time.

Take care,

Comehome :)

And for only 25 Million Baht you could be the proud owner of this.....

Sent the picture to the kids back home with the caption..inheritance gone.

Edited by John45

I was in Germany just recently and saw them advertising the new gull wing merc on tv. Guess who was at the wheel? Michael Schumacher. The advertising showed him doing a sprial run through a tunnel. You didn't know how who it was until the car was stopped and the door opened, with the typical Schuey smirk, nothing said :)

Edited by Garry

I've never understood why some people have themselves photographed standing beside/in/near/on/etc. cars, trucks, boots, etc. at motor shows or the "Ronald McDonald" figure outside some McDonald eateries... just seems so strange/unnatural to me...

I've only been to one of these shows, a friend of mine has a dealership in Bangkok. It's amazing to me the amount of money spent on the productions, the singing and dancing, costumes etc. Some of these shows cost 1 million baht to produce. I had a lot of fun, it was certainly a new experience for me. Very bizarre how the girls poise themselves in front of the cars with a mob of cameras gawking at them. I might go again for something to do. I recommend it.

Hi :)

Well if the reds decide to shut down Bangkok again at least i know what to do - go to the Motor Show :D After all i just have to cross the road, walk 200 meters, cross another road and am there.

Downside? The racket from the outdoor car "audio" show (more like a sound-off competition) makes my balcony door rattle all the time. But the firework yesterday evening was really nice.

Is the entry fee still the same as always, i.e. 80 Baht?

Best regards.....

Thanh

I've only been to one of these shows, a friend of mine has a dealership in Bangkok. It's amazing to me the amount of money spent on the productions, the singing and dancing, costumes etc. Some of these shows cost 1 million baht to produce. I had a lot of fun, it was certainly a new experience for me. Very bizarre how the girls poise themselves in front of the cars with a mob of cameras gawking at them. I might go again for something to do. I recommend it.

That's only US$3,000 per day. The show runs 10 days until 6 April. I guess 3K does go pretty far over here.

I believe Titleist and Callaway back in the day used to invest upwards of US$1.5 million for their Orlando PGA show booths every January, which was a trade show, not for the public, and only ran for 3-4 days.

dang! more False and misleading advertising! "Bikes, cars and sexy chicks [Photos]"

Nice looking woman, yes; sexy chick, no.

I think I should apply for a job writing TV headlines.

I bet more people would have clicked on the story if it read "Abhisit and Thaksin mud wresting with sexy chicks at car show"

I was in Germany just recently and saw them advertising the new gull wing merc on tv. Guess who was at the wheel? Michael Schumacher. The advertising showed him doing a sprial run through a tunnel. You didn't know how who it was until the car was stopped and the door opened, with the typical Schuey smirk, nothing said :)

That was one awesome stunt/commercial. I watched it on youtube.

I'm here for the "Sexy chics" so... WHERE ARE THEY?

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

go to bangkok bike fest pics there is plenty of chicks on it there.in the bikes in thailand forum

on my way pronto! I have a feeling I can believe you, webfact [not so much] :)

Send me money please I need a new Merc

Oh those poor Thai girls with no money

If Thailand is such a poor country why put on such a lavish motor show each year ?

NO Thais are not poor they are just greedy !!

Don't confuse people, please. Thailand is NOT a poor country. And Thais aren't poor either.

It just happens, that 95% of them are poor. This is a very stable structure! Holds f :) r 2553 years!

Oh sure, you plug the Bangkok Motor Show, but you don't say anything about the Bangkok Book Fair, where they have books, books, and, um, bookish chicks!

I like bookish chicks.

me too but many around

Oh sure, you plug the Bangkok Motor Show, but you don't say anything about the Bangkok Book Fair, where they have books, books, and, um, bookish chicks!

I like bookish chicks.

Nerdy chicks, where's the link !!???

:)

One of the great lines this week for sure!

Actually if kept insured and safe this car would be a good investment.

It is a classic remake of one of the GREAT cars of all times.

So this modern limited edition is a super car.

This will like go up in value over time.

I have ridden in 2 originals and they were SOOOOO COOOOL.

I also have friend who's father rolled his 200 feet UP a hill...

Lived to tell of it, but cried for weeks afterwards.

I remember the "good ol' days" in driving... In 1970 when the new Caddies had finally hit the $10,000 price tags.. I had just bought a 1960 T-Bird that was a decade old at that time for mere $1500 USD.. In 1976, I bought a 1953 DeSoto that was showroom clean with only 3000 miles on it for $2300 and resold it in 1990 for $9,000. I bought a 1933 Ford 3 window coupe for $500 in 1963 and re-sold it 20 years later for $25,000.. I have had over 500 different older and used cars over the past 40 years of my driving the motorcar.. One of my all time favorites was a 1958 BMW 700 I bought for $100 in Germany.. 2 cylinder.. it was so cool.. great on the gas as well..LOL

Just what the city needs right now - more cars and an opportunity for the middle classes to flaunt their wealth - an event bad on all levels - ecologically and politically

Huh :) ....so your against motorshows?

What about new cars with lower emissions.....doesnt that fit into your ecological/political stance?

no car or other toy is worth that much money

That maybe the case if you're a backpacker.

But how do you (or why do you) for example think that people buy Vacheron Constantin, Patek Philippe, IWC watches, not to mention the 2nd and third tier Rolex's, Tag Heuer, Breitling and Omega's watches.

They buy them because they (a) can afford them, (:D they like to spoil themselves occasionally, and © you don't see them in some doss house on Khao San Road.

Same goes for the cars "indeed any other item or commodity"

The only person who says that "no car or other toy is worth that much money" is the guy buying a 30 baht bowl of noodles for his breakfast. :)