Satellite Tv

stuandchris

Hi

At the moment I have UBC satellite and am become fed up with the crap service from them and the censorship.

I believe some peole have sat that comes from Malaysia, if anyone has this could they answer a few questions please?

What programmes do you get [bBC news, star world, english footy etc]

How much is it?

Where do you get it from

Many thanks

KPP Rawai are doing free installations and charge 350/ month also have internet combined for 850 incthey are on Saiyuan round the corner from weird buildings.

Are you still talking about Satellite / Astro ??

That price = local cable TV company. Should get BBC, but not star world & English footy.

Hi,

I looked into Astro about a month ago. As True has an exclusive license for Thailand, I believe that it may actually be illegal to setup Astro here. The price that I was quoted for getting an Astro receiver and a years worth of service was nearly twice the price of True Gold. Many of the Astro channels are on the local cable TV companies, Phuket Cable and KPP Cable. I have Phuket Cable in Kathu. It is 350 baht per month for 80 channels including the Golf Channel, Rugby,football, etc. i also have True Gold, because I like the USA movie channels, HBO, Cinemax, etc.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about the local cable stations losing their South African stations due to realignment of the satellite.Does anyone know if this is the case?

Still have Supersport Channels today on Karon cable, from South African DSTV

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about the local cable stations losing their South African stations due to realignment of the satellite.Does anyone know if this is the case?

Still have Supersport Channels today on Karon cable, from South African DSTV

The sat feed hasnt gone yet tho.. I always wondered how many cable companys are illegally rebroadcasting DTSV with simply a home use card setup.

Hi,

I looked into Astro about a month ago. As True has an exclusive license for Thailand, I believe that it may actually be illegal to setup Astro here. The price that I was quoted for getting an Astro receiver and a years worth of service was nearly twice the price of True Gold. Many of the Astro channels are on the local cable TV companies, Phuket Cable and KPP Cable. I have Phuket Cable in Kathu. It is 350 baht per month for 80 channels including the Golf Channel, Rugby,football, etc. i also have True Gold, because I like the USA movie channels, HBO, Cinemax, etc.

Theres other far cheaper options..

Not for discussion here tho.

This is the thread I was referring to.

I don't know who controls which sport channel is being played but often they randomly change them without rhyme or reason. There were times last year when the Twenty/20 cricket was on they always switched as the live games were starting. By changing provider you cannot be sure the same thing wont happen. The only way to be sure is to presure the cable companies to have all the Supersport channels available so their customers can pick & choose for themselves. There are times when all they show is a Supersport logo for hours on end, usually in the mornings while waiting for the technician to wake up.

You guys should check the news more!

The cricket was blocked IN S. Africa cos of INdian piracy NOT the local provider!

All the SS channels WILL dissappear in 6 weeks as the satelitte will change and will not be reachable here (no world cup).

ONly Truevision left or another Sat provider (Astro)

I am just about to pay for 12 months cable but might think twice about it if this is true.

Send me a PM, I may be able to help (no, I'm not a seller, only a user of an alternative service).

If I recall correctly from one of your posts a long time ago you had a satellite receiver installed. This is well & good but the current issue with this type of installation is that apparently DSTV is moving to a different type of satellite which uses KU band from the current C band. KU only has a small footprint & will be directed at African countries only which means whoever is supplying the DSTV channels in Thailand will no longer be able to do so. This has already been discussed in the internet forum. The change is supposed to happen around the start of the World Cup.

If you have another way of getting all those great sports channels, BBC E, & associated entertainment I will be happy to know how.

Send me a PM, I may be able to help (no, I'm not a seller, only a user of an alternative service).

If I recall correctly from one of your posts a long time ago you had a satellite receiver installed. This is well & good but the current issue with this type of installation is that apparently DSTV is moving to a different type of satellite which uses KU band from the current C band. KU only has a small footprint & will be directed at African countries only which means whoever is supplying the DSTV channels in Thailand will no longer be able to do so. This has already been discussed in the internet forum. The change is supposed to happen around the start of the World Cup.

If you have another way of getting all those great sports channels, BBC E, & associated entertainment I will be happy to know how.

Same here ! Have !!!! to see the Worldcup.

Depends if he was answering the OP or later replies..

But anyone that thinks they are going to keep getting DSTV by any system in the next few months is looking at some physical impossibilities.

But anyone that thinks they are going to keep getting DSTV by any system in the next few months is looking at some physical impossibilities.

It could possibly be pirated through the internet but then that would involve having 1st class broadband at both ends & currently this end fails to reach that standard.

• 7 months later...

I too have had issues with UBC/True, their service, PVR and content.. My solution is to obtain all the US/English TV programmes I want over the net. I have read in the forum that others would like to do this but are restricted by their download speed. If anybody would be interested in the programmes I have please PM me .

I have every CSI Las Vegas episode up to Season 11 Episode 08 & CSI New York episode up to Season 7 Episode 08. The complete Seasons 1, 2 & 3 of Leverage. All of Mythbusters up tp Seson 8 Episode 23. All of Seasons 1 through to 6 of Hustle. All of the Simpsons up to Season 22 Episode 4. This is just to mention a few.

Edited by LivinginKata
email removed as per TV rules

Can I hijack this thread slightly. I'm looking to treat myself to a new TV soon but I'm worried about getting one too big as the quality of the picture that UBC send is crap. I was wondering is there an optimum size before the picture gets too bad. Or have I got it wrong, I'm assuming the picture will get worse as the screen gets bigger? Obviously having the huge screen would be OK for dvd/blu ray but I don't want it at the expense of watching the footy with a crappy picture. Does anybody else find they don't get their moneys worth from an expensive TV because of the feed quality from UBC?

I too have had issues with UBC/True, their service, PVR and content.. My solution is to obtain all the US/English TV programmes I want over the net. I have read in the forum that others would like to do this but are restricted by their download speed. If anybody would be interested in the programmes I have please PM me .

I have every CSI Las Vegas episode up to Season 11 Episode 08 & CSI New York episode up to Season 7 Episode 08. The complete Seasons 1, 2 & 3 of Leverage. All of Mythbusters up tp Seson 8 Episode 23. All of Seasons 1 through to 6 of Hustle. All of the Simpsons up to Season 22 Episode 4. This is just to mention a few.

I have often thought that it would be great idea if a few people got together to swap their collections. So for every series (season) you downloaded you'd get several more from other people. Could do the same with films and music. I never got around to suggesting it because most of my content is trapped on a broken hard drive. :( That and it would also need a bit of community spirit which I believe is against the rules on this forum. :D

I want to sign up for KPP cable. Anyone knows where is their office?

On the same side as Royal Phuket City Hotel but a couple of hundred yards further on. I reckon their programming is better than Phuket Cable. You can get it in more than one room, an extra fee for installment but monthly fee the same as a single connection.

On the same side as Royal Phuket City Hotel but a couple of hundred yards further on. I reckon their programming is better than Phuket Cable. You can get it in more than one room, an extra fee for installment but monthly fee the same as a single connection.

Thanks. I guess that is the same road as True TV office.

Yes, it's at 59/88 Soi Si Yuan. It's on the right if you are headed toward Viset Rd. There is a resort on the left, past Soi Si Yuan 2. It's on the left of a row of shop houses. Not the easiest place to find. Call them if you can't find it. Phone: 076383944