Does Anyone Have Sophon Cable Internet

Jimmyd

I saw the new Sophon Cable shop one South Pattaya road so I went in. The guy claims you'll actually get the speeds advertised--10MBs for 1490.

So, I thought I'd ask if anyone has gone for this service and if so, what their experience has been. Over to you...

yes, I get 4mb consistently for b590, not only that when I need service the longest it has taken is 2 hours for technician to come to my house and fix the problem.

Thats amazing service ,especially as under your avatar it says you live in Hawaii :)

It says I'm from Hawaii, not living there now. If you notice my member number I am member #1290, been around a long time even before I made the decision to retire and move here. Great informative board that I appreciate more than I can say.

He was just having a bit of a laugh (hopefully) bob4you. Thanks for the info, I may try Sophon Internet when I get back from my trip home.

I was laughing back at him, I know he understood that I understood.

• 7 months later...

I went to their office on Pattaya Thai Monday morning and request 10Mo and was connected same day. Employees were very curteous, including technicians. Have been with TOT before and also True Wi-Fi which is not bad, but this time I really got what I was looking for. When I chat cam-to-cam, I'm not being cut off anymore. Before it was very difficult to communicate with America without being cut off quite often. I live at Viewtalay Jomtien 2-B and the distance from here to the central is not a factor anymore. I strongly recommend this service with Sophon. :)

• 2 months later...

I went to their office on Pattaya Thai Monday morning and request 10Mo and was connected same day. Employees were very curteous, including technicians. Have been with TOT before and also True Wi-Fi which is not bad, but this time I really got what I was looking for. When I chat cam-to-cam, I'm not being cut off anymore. Before it was very difficult to communicate with America without being cut off quite often. I live at Viewtalay Jomtien 2-B and the distance from here to the central is not a factor anymore. I strongly recommend this service with Sophon. :)

Where exactly on Pattaya Tai is this Sophon shop?

Head from the third road lights towards second road and it is about 50m on the right hand side. I also recommend them, I was installed and running at advertised speeds inside 48 hours. I have not had to call them yet for a problem so can not comment on their response times.

RabC

Do they do any sort of bundle for TV and internet?

The website is a masterpiece of non-information.

I did read somewhere that all users are on a LAN behind a router that has a fixed public IP. Whether this was/is still true, I dont know.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm with sophon.got to say the people who work there are very pleasant but they won't accept my internet is seriously slow ! every time i go in to pay and ask them to come and give me a speed test they smile and say have problem with CAT,it ok soon !

still slow but ok for what i need.

i'm with sophon.got to say the people who work there are very pleasant but they won't accept my internet is seriously slow ! every time i go in to pay and ask them to come and give me a speed test they smile and say have problem with CAT,it ok soon !

still slow but ok for what i need.

The prices and plans are exactly the same as CAT, in fact they are CAT. I had to go with CAT Sophon because I couldn't get CAT connected where I live. If I had a choice I would go with CAT directly through DSL because they have a 24 hour customer service line. CAT Sophon can only service business hours Mon - Sat.

I'm on the expensive premium 2Mb-1Mb service. I've had some weird stuff going on. Tonight I couldn't connect with many international sites including eBay. Mostly it's consistent, but these inconsistencies are really p***** me off because of what I'm paying. By the time business hours tomorrow arrive it'll probably be ok and I'll have nothing to report. Frustrating!