Shipping Companies In Bangkok?

A while ago I asked the same question on this forum.

I was recommended the companies: Santa Fe and Transpo Asian Tigers. I was told they also fill in all the necessary paperwork for customs.

I will move in a couple of months so I still did not use any of them.

Does Good Move and Cross World also take care of the customs paperwork?

There is a company named Big Move. Maybe this is the company that was referred?

Beware of this one, i booked them for domestic move and while the price was in line with the others their terms and conditions were beyond bad.

Asked about their insurance coverage few times and day before the move got the information and their quotation for additional coverage. They cover damages to your stuff up to 20% of their fee which was around 2400 baht in my case and for additional coverage they quoted insane 50% fee of the value insured.

So cancelled immediately and got other company to do it and their price was same (12k) including insurance up to 100k value for damaged goods and additional coverage was available at 1.5% of the value insured.

A while ago I asked the same question on this forum.

I was recommended the companies: Santa Fe and Transpo Asian Tigers. I was told they also fill in all the necessary paperwork for customs.

I will move in a couple of months so I still did not use any of them.

Does Good Move and Cross World also take care of the customs paperwork?

Cross World did all the paperwork, including the customs paperwork

What was the other company you used?

Beware of this one, i booked them for domestic move and while the price was in line with the others their terms and conditions were beyond bad.

Asked about their insurance coverage few times and day before the move got the information and their quotation for additional coverage. They cover damages to your stuff up to 20% of their fee which was around 2400 baht in my case and for additional coverage they quoted insane 50% fee of the value insured.

So cancelled immediately and got other company to do it and their price was same (12k) including insurance up to 100k value for damaged goods and additional coverage was available at 1.5% of the value insured.

What was the other company you used?

JVK

• 1 month later...

I just contacted one that they could send my stuff. They told me that they where gonna pick up everything and do the packaging somewhere else.

Is this the normal procedure?

I can come with them to the packaging warehouse to supervise things.

I'm moving to to BKK next week and just had some personal effects picked up via Anglo Pacific. They delivered the boxes to my home along with a huge roll of bubble wrap and 5 or 6 lots of very stong packing tape. Once packed I called them and they came to pick up the boxes. THey're going by sea, so should arrive in Bangkok in July. So far, so good.