Vientiane Laos What To Do/ See

tb86

Going to Vientiane on monday, for 3 days to chaperone my lil bro in law..... we need a great place to stay 150- 200 usd a nigh, also a driver plus van for the duration of the trip anyone?? ideas? we were looking at settha place but as we have never been its all we could find in our price range.....any tips

Do you wish to buy the entire country for $200, or just the city. My God, man, 20 bucks buys a decent room here and 50, 3 stars There is a 4 star palacial high rise on thye rtiver that will take your money. You can't miss it. On the way to town, river side. Tuk tuk theif will take you there from Friendship bridge. I will be there tues and stay in my usual place, the guest houses on the river down town. Ten bucks, a nice dinner across the stret. AlFresco for $5. Bonapetit. If you want action , downtwon old hotel on the first floor at the dancehall. Live music and more.

On my last day in Laos, 2 separate couples were asking the front desk staff about a Chinese electronics market about 10kms out of Vientiane.

I cannot dig up any info about it but I'm sure it does exist, might be worth checking out.

If you find it, please give us a short report. :)

any bright ideas on what to see or do while were there... im lost on this trip, seems like its temples and not much else,, im kinda being roped into this trip, so someone please tell me im not gonna be bored to tears, not really looking for big nightlife justy some fun stuff to do during the day and early evening to keep the wife and brother in law + girlfriend entertained

you can go on the tour of the Beer Laos factory.

To be honest the times I have been there I have just revelled in the relaxed atmosphere compared to bangkok, had some good food and few drinks, had a walk around the small bar area near the river, had a nice baguette.

Don't go to Vientianne expecting there to be things to do mate, just go with the flow there, chill out and relax in the restaurants/bars near the fountain and down towards the river.

you can go on the tour of the Beer Laos factory.

To be honest the times I have been there I have just revelled in the relaxed atmosphere compared to bangkok, had some good food and few drinks, had a walk around the small bar area near the river, had a nice baguette.

Don't go to Vientianne expecting there to be things to do mate, just go with the flow there, chill out and relax in the restaurants/bars near the fountain and down towards the river.

Agree with Tony. You can see all the sights in the first morning. It all depends on how many bakeries, restaurants, bars and Beer Lao's you want to indulge in. Nightlife ends early too, especially with the group you're with.

Also agree with the earlier poster who doesn't see the point in staying in one of the most expensive hotels in Laos. $50-$75 gets more than most people need.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Don't look further,Seetha Palace will be able to take care of all your needs.

I think Seetha Palace is a nice hotel downtown but a few blocks from the river Don Chan Palace is on the mekong much newer than SP with rooms overlooking the Mekong with a balcony it has an afterhours disco on the 3rd floor terrace that is very popular for about $100 a night and a good BF Lao Plaza is another high end hotel downtown withh a couple resturants and bars on site for about the same pricve the lao museum is like next door not alot to see in VTE some Wats buuddha park is interesting couple of good golfd courses yto play SEA games course is brand new Bor Pen Yuang bar is the best bar to go to, 4th floor rooftop bar where all the falangs go Lunar disco is mentioned above

theres plenty of good restturants downtown for french italian japanese etc Lane Xang hoyel has traditional Lao music and dancing at night and a good japanese resturant behind the hotel, all 4 places Ive mentioned have a pool also, callao