Thai Policeman Guilty - Gets Life In Prison

george

:o

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=903502006

-----------------

Killer police officer loses jail appeal

THE Thai policeman who gunned down backpacker Adam Lloyd and then ran over and killed his girlfriend Vanessa Arscott lost his appeal.

Police Sergeant Somchai Wisetsingh, who was named Outstanding policeman of the year several times in Kanchanaburi by the River Kwai in Thailand, failed to overturn his life sentence.

Graham Arscott, the father of Vanessa, who was just 23 when she was run over and shot by Wisetsingh, said he was pleased with the Appeal Court's verdict.

"I placed my faith in Thai justice and so far it has not let me down. The way the courts work is a bit baffling but I accept what they are doing correct," he said.

"The one thing I wanted to see was Somchai in court. To that extent I am disappointed. I will be seeking assurances through lawyers on a regular basis to ensure he is serving his sentence."

Wisetsingh's failure to appear has fuelled rumours that he has been secretly released.

But Judge Dilok Bultaweenun said Somchai had not been brought to court because of concerns he would try to escape

------------------

:D

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisetsingh's failure to appear has fuelled rumours that he has been secretly released.

But Judge Dilok Bultaweenun said Somchai had not been brought to court because of concerns he would try to escape

------------------

WHAT??? If he's hancuffed, shackled, guarded he's going to try and escape?

------------------

WHAT??? If he's hancuffed, shackled, guarded he's going to try and escape?

That indeed is a very valid point - we have seen countless times how people are encased in leg shackles / chains, handcuffed, and are surrounded by armed prison staff and MIB whilst being led into court.

May be different if you are a fisher person from Samui or a Farang with a drugs charge.

As an interested onlooker how would he propose to escape without the assistance of those supposed to be in charge of his appearance?.

The Consulate wants to be kicking up all hel_l about this one.............

Justice must be seen to be done and "in absentia sentencing", must mean that - absent.

Why?. :D

Police Sergeant Somchai Wisetsingh, who was named Outstanding policeman of the year several times in Kanchanaburi by the River Kwai in Thailand

How can a river name him policeman of the year?

Easy -TIT. Judging by the fact that if he had been any other than a very "monied or influential personage " then what he did would have been two cases of premeditated murder and we know what that means.............

The fact he went on the lam for a while before the deal was done and now - well, cannot apear in court as he is so 'influential' that he may mobilise a SWAT team to free him from the court bus - it would seem apparent to anyone that if he wants a river to say he is the Kan Cop of The Year, then fair enough.

And why not?. After all, old King Canute did his thing, Prince Charles talks to trees, and I often hear voices saying "It's all true, it's all true you know........". :D

Police Sergeant Somchai Wisetsingh, who was named Outstanding policeman of the year several times in Kanchanaburi by the River Kwai in Thailand

How can a river name him policeman of the year?

- it would seem apparent to anyone that if he wants a river to say he is the Kan Cop of The Year, then fair enough.

And why not?. After all, old King Canute did his thing, Prince Charles talks to trees, and I often hear voices saying "It's all true, it's all true you know........". :D

:D:D:D