Baobab Andonis Digitata Tree In Thailand

I have some Andonis Digitata, the Baobab/Finger tree in the garden,one is 10 years old and quite a view,now had lost (perrenialy)all his leaves,but start budding again.

This tree is a miracle plant and millions in Africa make some sort of living from that tree,in Aussie ther is even a bar cut in such a tree,which can grow for 2-5 thousend years,maybe exaggereted?

Has anybody seen or planted such a tree in Thailand.

The "Baobab" is pictured in the movie Australia and I bet a lot of Aussies get homesick seeing such a majestic tree.

PLS. do not confuse with the "Bottle Trees" planted in the botanical garden in Chiang Mai and Singapore.

• 2 months later...

I have some Andonis Digitata, the Baobab/Finger tree in the garden,one is 10 years old and quite a view,now had lost (perrenialy)all his leaves,but start budding again.

This tree is a miracle plant and millions in Africa make some sort of living from that tree,in Aussie ther is even a bar cut in such a tree,which can grow for 2-5 thousend years,maybe exaggereted?

Has anybody seen or planted such a tree in Thailand.

The "Baobab" is pictured in the movie Australia and I bet a lot of Aussies get homesick seeing such a majestic tree.

PLS. do not confuse with the "Bottle Trees" planted in the botanical garden in Chiang Mai and Singapore.

My friend, we meet in the strangest places.

Baobabs are amazing trees, enclosed some pictures from my garden.

#1 this flower opened last night (they only flower at night)

#2 recently exhausted flower.

#3 pollinated flower with a new pod nearby.

Please post a picture of your tree, in my garden there are three of them !

Best.

post-14625-022260000 1275885416_thumb.jp

post-14625-033645100 1275885563_thumb.jp

post-14625-006946000 1275885853_thumb.jp

Edited by soidog2