The Cost Of My Divorce (money)

colino

Ok this how it happend

Saturday had a row, Monday(today) went to the local Ampur and got Divorced

Total cost of paper work 32 baht .

20 baht for Divorce paper,

12 baht for photo copying.

And it took just ubder 2 hours inclucing lunch break.

Colino

I've been married 6 weeks and already had 2 of those rows .... 'we go amphur office', she shouts

We all have the rows, just most of us don't actually get to the office to do the divorce.

Things happen fast out here, I recon it's the heat (not much Jai Yen in my household)

Adds to the fun!

PS

Impressed by the price, I thought divorce cost 500bht.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Must have been a big <deleted>@kin Row or not much of a marriage

Go on tell us

:)

What are you , a mind reader?

Even with all the entertainment on TV with the Reds, you two made it on time.

Marriages in around here are all a joke to the natives, call me stupid, better procreate than legalizing the coupling. I have been in one 10 years, nothing changed. We never talked about amphur, because thats when the war will really start.

I've been married 6 weeks and already had 2 of those rows .... 'we go amphur office', she shouts

We all have the rows, just most of us don't actually get to the office to do the divorce.

Things happen fast out here, I recon it's the heat (not much Jai Yen in my household)

Adds to the fun!

PS

Impressed by the price, I thought divorce cost 500bht.

Tell Sarah to at least do one anniversary before bringing the amphur topic up again

[quote name='TheWalkingMan' date='2010-03-29 17:33:3 post='3455314 ha ha not me . ok what did i lose .well as i listend to people when i got here 5years ago .not much house was rented 2.500 amonth. The gold is in the pawn shop 20.grand and the 2yrold yamaha .even had the sister and brother inlaw as witneses. I paid 4 the noodles. Colino ps sorry about post im using my mobile

Who paid for lunch? :)

Wish I could get out as easy with my divorce.

My Wife (soon to be ex) thinks because she was living in Aus with me for so long and we were married under Aus law is trying to get pretty much half of everything I own!

Paperwork is up around the 30,000 baht mark already and thats not including all my time and effort traveling 3 hours to my nearest capital city to lodge forms.

Luckily I dont own a house, my car is worth f^&k all and I hid all my savings in a box. :)

Oh by the way- she cheated me of nearly every cent I was earning at the time, hence why I hid my savings!! I learnt my lesson big time! Better of not getting married.

Now I have a baby to a new girl, happy, we never fight, she earns and spends her own money and life goes on.

Best of luck.