Britain's Oldest Father

A 74-year-old man is believed to have become Britain's oldest father after his wife gave birth to a baby boy.

Gerry Burks, from Louth, Lincolnshire, reportedly attributed his virility to bananas and "the love of a good woman".

His wife Dawn, 41, gave birth to baby Ryan earlier this month. The couple also have a six-year-old son called Daniel.

Mr Burks, who turns 75 on Tuesday, told The Sun: "I am very proud and I think it's wonderful.

"People might say things about my age, but I look after myself. I'm young at heart, don't drink or smoke now... I eat lots of bananas and always have done -- sometimes a couple a day."

Mr Burks, a former HGV driver, worked until he was 71 and has three children from a previous marriage, the newspaper said.

And the link to Thailand is????????

"There must be older here?"... :)

Actually an interesting question....I wonder how many Farang OAP's here, who have married Thai women a quarter of their ages have a sprong in tow and wonder what provisons they have made for the future, considering their "maturity" and inevitable appointment with the great man in the sky before said child reaches maturity...

At least 2 here in Ban Dung alone in their early 70's - One UK the other US. As for DNA? The bottom line is they are paying the bin and claim paternity, but are not what I would call doting fathers.

yes, one often ponders the prospect of raising a child whom in all likleyhood you will not see finish high school. But then, plenty of young healthy fathers die through a variety of ways leaving children with only one parent. I don't wonder though, what compells a man north of 60 to consider fatherhood here anymore. I have come to suspect it was probably not "really" his call. Tea Rack probably calls the shots.

Didn't Charlie Chaplin sire a kid when he 73 years old?

However I am sure that old sperm has genetic faults and makes for unhealthy kids.

I don't think his sperm would be as old as him.

I think I read somewhere that sperm is generated in a 12 day cycle?

Didn't Charlie Chaplin sire a kid when he 73 years old?

However I am sure that old sperm has genetic faults and makes for unhealthy kids.

So Dr Syd what medical/Scientific evidence do you place your statement on??????????????????